Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have you ever had a problem with make-up? >

Have you ever had a problem with make-up?

Have you ever had a problem with make-up?

Old 04-07-2011, 02:57 AM

I'm highly allergic to Avon products, and due to the fragrances and other ingredients in Avon and other brands, I rarely wear anything else but lipstick these days, but when I have to wear make up for a special occasion, the only makeup I can wear is Body Shop.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:40 AM
Power Poster

I haven't worn make-up in 30 years because of allergic reactions. Sure does save money!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:31 AM

If and when I wear make-up, it is Bare Essentials (Mineral).

But since I haven't worked in an office since 2002. I only use Safeguard, cold water, a toner, and moisture lotion.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:48 AM

You often develop an allergy after you have use a product previously. I have an allergic reaction to the brand you are speaking of - mine resembles measles.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:39 AM

I had the same problem with another product and my doctor said I had become allergic to the product. You can become allergic to something at any time in your life. Also be careful not to use hand and body lotion on the face. I ended up in ER after trying that one. I always did learn things the hard way.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:29 AM

This is really odd. But I started breaking out with bumps (rash) on my jawline, mostly on my right side. Really upsetting, the one thing I always had was a nice complexion. Changed my makeup...etc.

I went to my doctor and she said it was Rosacea. Prescribed a topical gel. Helps some, but dries my skin out....still having breakouts. One thing I have noticed about Rosacea...is stress makes it flair up, at least in my case.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:36 AM

OMG you have the same symtoms that I do. I don't use makeup. My doctor told me it was eczema. She gave me a steroid cream that gets rid of it, but if I stop using the cream it comes right back. My doctor told me not to use the cream for a long period because it thins the skin, but if I stop the rash comes right back. Frustrating
Old 04-07-2011, 08:24 AM

I have tried every kind of makeup that is out there. I can not use any of it. I think that God likes us just the way we are. So I do not us it at all. I do not like having hives and itchy. Good luck! I am sure you would look just fine with out it.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:36 AM

Be sure to check the dates. Outdated cosmetics can cause skin rashes.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:21 AM

Hi Jill
The same thing happened to me with Avon makeup. I'd worn the same Avon makeup for years and then all of a sudden I developed an allergy. It took me awhile to realize that it was the makeup and not my eyeshadow or moisturizer. When I contacted the company they sent me the list of ingredients in the makeup (holy cow!! it was 1/2 a page of small type) and said they'd not made any recent changes to the formula. For a couple years I used Almay and Marcelle with no problems and have recently used L'oreal with no problem either. I haven't tried Avon again though.
Carole

FREE Quilting Newsletter