Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help ... >

Need help ...

Need help ...

Old 04-07-2011, 12:51 PM

Wow! I LOVE this site!! I had never thought of borrowing my Church's cultural hall, nor the nearest library for quilting! I didn't even know there was a SPRAY a person could use for binding! I consider myself a well educated woman, yet I have never thought to look up 'help' videos on YouTube...ok, I haven't really used that site, thinking it was more of a propaganda type thing! I find out something new every time I come here. :)
Thanks, everyone!
Old 04-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Power Poster

Try using the "search" option on this board to look for threads on spray basting. Youtube also has some video demo's of spray basting.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:26 PM

I'm not a friend of basting spray but I certainly use the large tables at the church hall. We use the painter's tape and tape the backing to the tables (we use 3 or 4) fairly tautly. Then we lay the batting on top, smooth and lightly pat it in place and then layer on the quilt top. We safety pin every 5-6 inches checking the back fairly frequently for folds or puckers and then machine quilt it. Our quilt guild has completed dozens of full size quilts using this method with a minimum of wrinkles on the back. Two or three of our members can pin a large quilt in about an hour if everything is pressed and ready to go.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:42 PM

I love the Sharon Schamber table basting. I recently tried it for the first time and WOW it was so much easier..
Old 04-07-2011, 02:49 PM

I use two tables and instead of tape I use the large pinch clips (got mine at staples) to hold back, batting, and top together, very few or never any wrinkles, then pin away.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Power Poster

I refuse to do the work on the floor. If I can't borrow a space with large tables, I use the ironing board as an extension to the dining table. It may be tedious but it still works.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Irene Frohreich
I use two tables and instead of tape I use the large pinch clips (got mine at staples) to hold back, batting, and top together, very few or never any wrinkles, then pin away.
Great idea!