Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Big Lots Fat Quarters -Test >

Big Lots Fat Quarters -Test

Big Lots Fat Quarters -Test

Old 04-07-2011, 05:27 PM

And one more thing - as far as craft items go, some of my best sewing scissors has come from Big Lots. I use the tiny pointed small ones when I embroider and if I need to get into a tiny area. I got 9 pairs for $2 each. At Joanns the exact same scissors were $9.00 each. Also I spotted some nice buttons the other day. Hubby goes in after big name brand tools. He has gotten some very expensive 'toys' for a little of nothing. We have learned that if it is something we want and will use buy it all because tomorrow it won't be there. There is a particular brand of chocolate covered pecans that we can run across every now and then. It is funny to see the clerk ring up 15 boxes of these things.LOL
Old 04-07-2011, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by michelehuston
I didn't know big lots sold fq!! Will have to look next time I go..thanks!
Same here. I didn't know either.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:30 PM

Great info that's good to know.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:30 PM

Great info that's good to know.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:17 PM

http://www.biglots.com/search/product/3015 Here you go! The add says in stores only.

FQ pics
[ATTACH=CONFIG]181088[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-181082.jpe
Views:	26
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	181088  
Old 04-07-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by goosepoint
Every time hubby and I go somewhere we sniff out the local Big Lots. I have around 80 FQ's from BL so far. I collected them from 3 BL and found them in the stationary / gift wrap section, the towel section, and actually in the artifical flower section. Evidently no one really knows what they are and put them where ever there is a empty hole so "think outside of the box". If I were a store associate and did not know what FQ's were, where would I put them? Happy hunting everyone and may your shopping cart be over flowing with hidden treasures!
Thanks for your thoughts! I went into our nearest Big Lots store and asked the sales clerk if they had any material for sale...ugh, I should have looked through every nook and cranny like a true quilter would! ;) Tomorrow I return to Big Lots and bring my brain with me!!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:24 PM

I stopped in a Big Lots on Tuesday, but they didn't have any FQ's. Will try another one and check it out, don't have any near where I live, so will stop in Big Lots when I find them in my travels. Thanks for the info on their quality.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona GG
Originally Posted by goosepoint
Every time hubby and I go somewhere we sniff out the local Big Lots. I have around 80 FQ's from BL so far. I collected them from 3 BL and found them in the stationary / gift wrap section, the towel section, and actually in the artifical flower section. Evidently no one really knows what they are and put them where ever there is a empty hole so "think outside of the box". If I were a store associate and did not know what FQ's were, where would I put them? Happy hunting everyone and may your shopping cart be over flowing with hidden treasures!
Thanks for your thoughts! I went into our nearest Big Lots store and asked the sales clerk if they had any material for sale...ugh, I should have looked through every nook and cranny like a true quilter would! ;) Tomorrow I return to Big Lots and bring my brain with me!!
Too funny! ROFL
Old 04-07-2011, 06:35 PM

Haven't found FQs at my Big Lots. Think someone beats me there!
Wonderful experience with their yarns, however.
Will keep looking.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:47 PM

I have the BL fat quarters & I think they're a great deal!