Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Rie

I'm with you Nana. Wish I had more tatas but see women at work who have WAY more than their share. Makes me jealous. :D
Old 04-09-2011, 08:12 AM

Thank you guys-I'm such a baby I need a pat on the back when I do good LOL.

Duvet: I'm a snacker or "grazer"-I don't eat big meals, I graze my way thru the day. I'm trying to change this. One thing I found out about snacking is to control them BEFORE you start eating. I honestly could eat 1/2 box of Cheezits or 1/2 bag of pretzels and still look for the cheese. I found (from a hint on here) to make up 100 cal snack bags in the morning. Count out the number of Cheezits or pretzels or crackers that equal 100 cal and put them in those little bags. I found BabyBell or LaughingCow cheese is lo-cal and very good (Just don't eat it all in one bite). Count out a few crackers with it and equal 100 cals. I'll admit some days I've eaten all my snacks by noon; if I followed my own advice I wouldn't be back on this weight loss thread. It worked the last time-I lost 22 lbs and kept it off for a year. I'm determined to do it again.

Radiana I'm sorry you're in so much pain. Times like that are when I seem to eat the most high cal, comfort foods. Please see a dr and have him treat or rule out depression. This may give you more energy to sort out and get rid of things. DH lost his job 2 yrs ago and we thought we'd have to move. I looked around and realized I don't want to move all this stuff I had. I started in one room, in one dresser on one day. Got rid of unneccessary stuff in just that one place. Did it again in a diff area a few days later. It's amazing how much you can get rid of in one session. (This is weird but I also picture myself dying and my DIL having to come in and clear out my stuff--I'd die all over again from embarrassment LOL). Just take baby steps.

Sorry this is so long--I'm typing instead of snacking!!
Old 04-09-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Sandy, is your surgery Monday or Tuesday? I hope all goes quick and smoothly for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
My surgery is Tuesday, 4/12. I appreciate your thoughts, well wishes and prayers!!!! Thank you!!!! Have a great weekend. Sandy
Old 04-09-2011, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Sandy, may God keep you in his hands.
Thanks Carol!!!! Have a great weekend. Sandy
Old 04-09-2011, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
It's been a week--how's everyone doing? Can I brag? I lost 4 lbs!!!!Yay me!
HOORAY for you janRN. I'm proud of you and for you. Keep up the good work. Have a great weekend. Sandy
Old 04-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Banned

I see Jan lost yippppppeeeeeeee!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
Originally Posted by coldquilter
Well, I am rather new to this board but have enjoyed all the pics and everything else that you all have had to offer and I could definitely stand to lose a few pounds and even a few fq's so what can it hurt. Since I am new though, not sure how I "follow this thread" so maybe a little advice there. Thanks and good luck to all.
Put it in your bookmarks... at the top of this thread's page is a tab that says "bookmark"... click on it and put in "April Weight Loss" or something like that... then you will not forget to check in and chat each day...
Do you mean on the top left that says Favorites?????
Old 04-09-2011, 11:43 AM

I just saw this and I think it is a marvelous idea. It is already a little over a week into it but count me in and I will start right now.
The way I understand it is at the end of the month we will send the 1 winner a fat quarter?
Will we also do this for May? If we do, maybe I will have a chance, but even if I lose a few lbs I will be a winner to myself.
Help me, please. I do need to shed many pounds!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Radiana
Duvet I too will pray for those here on the board who are facing difficulties and health issues. I certainly can relate. I'm in very poor health and very overweight and can't seem to find the energy to clear off the table so I can start on a new project.

It can get very depressing for me but then last night as I was trying to go to sleep I ran a gratitude checklist in my mind and I felt very blessed. And that doesn't mean that I don't have some heavy heartaches but in order to get past them I've got to look at the whole picture.

As far as the weight loss challenge goes, it's been a rough start and to be honest I already bought a very pretty fat quarter for the winner. Hopefully, I will be ready to participate in the next weight loss challenge but what I realize is April will be devoted to getting ready for the challenge.

I have got to get the mess I live in organized. I simply cannot function any longer living in such a stressful environment. The clutter is driving me up a wall. I have so many things to give to charity and yet I find I can't let go of them. I made the first step yesterday when I gave some of my skirts to a friend. She tried them on and looked so nice in them and it did my heart good. That's what I have to think of when I put each item in a bag for the charity truck.

I know I can keep a tidy house if I have a place to put everything and I also know I could get rid of 50% of my belongings without missing them. How many mixing bowls and screwdrivers do I need?

There have been a few times in my life when I've had everything in order and in it's place and I felt like I was floating on air. And I actually started losing weight because I kept so busy just having a good time and getting things done. In addition to floating on air I felt that I had a tremendous amount of energy.

So this month I'll be getting ready to participate in next months weight loss challenge. Good luck to everyone.
Radiana, Keep your chin held high. You can do this. Didn't it make you feel good when you saw her in your skirts? As you give things away or get rid of them, you will make each person who get your things feel good and happy they have them. Try to think of how glad they are to get some of your things that maybe they don't have.

I know how you feel, it is hard wanting to have a clean house but don't feel like doing anything. One just has to pick themselves up by their bootstraps and do it. It will make you feel so much better.
The hardest part of all this is to get started. That is what I need to do to lose this awful weight is to get started.
I will think of you and pray a prayer so you can have the energy to change things and turn your life around.
Good luck, dear.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:02 PM

Put it in your bookmarks... at the top of this thread's page is a tab that says "bookmark"... click on it and put in "April Weight Loss" or something like that... then you will not forget to check in and chat each day...[/quote]

Do you mean on the top left that says Favorites?????[/quote]

No, go to the first page of the thread an you will see "Bookmarks" in top left corner of the start. Click on it and then save. When you want to go back to it just click on Bookmarks up in the middle of the page and it will take you to your bookmark list.