Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where can I find this quilting tool? >

Where can I find this quilting tool?

Where can I find this quilting tool?

Old 04-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Power Poster

Hi all, I was having trouble cutting without the elbow in the middle so I purchased a strip cutting machine for over $50.00, I also used a coupon. It was ok but you have to be very careful how you feed the fabric. I then purchased the June Taylor rulers and MAN am I glad. They are the only rulers I have used for a while now and I just love them. You do need to make sure that the fabric is straight when you start cutting. The blade does need to be straight in the slot and and sideways like Cabinfever mentioned. I use my regular rotary cutter and no problems. Good luck.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:36 PM

If you try to look up June's stuff, the correct spelling of her last name is T A I L O R .
Old 04-09-2011, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by cabinfever
I just came back from Joann's & my store in calif has the long one on clearance for 75% off today. If Joann's won't be carrying some of them they may be clearancing (sp?) elsewhere as well. I noticed only the long ones were on clearance, it was about 8" x 24"; & it's no longer shown on the JT website. When I saw it @ the store, I noticed the slots were only about 18" long of the full 24" ruler, so perhaps since it will not cut Width of fabric (WOF)in one pass, they weren't popular. It was 75% off. For those who think they might like to give it a try, this might be a good start. Also, I think Joann's would let you return any of their rulers within 60 days if you don't like it; you could ask first.

Another review of these tools, where she suggests the best rotary cutter was the Fiskars 28mm for success with the slots. http://www.quiltersreview.com/articl...t/010709_a.asp

I forgot to mention you DO really need to be cutting straight upright not leaning off to one side with your rotary blade.

Someone else posted the JT website for video demos & you can also search in general & find others on youtube too. There are always creative people out there that will think of new ways to use tools, that even the mfr. never thought of.
The slotted ruler I have is 6" by 24" I wore all the ink off my older ruler.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
If you try to look up June's stuff, the correct spelling of her last name is T A I L O R .
:oops: Thank you GrannieAnnie. I knew that but my fingers had a mind of their own and typed something else. I will try to pay more attention in the future. God Bless
Old 04-10-2011, 05:07 AM

They have it at my walmart in the fabric department
Old 04-10-2011, 08:22 AM

I found this at Wal-Mart, Hancock's, Hobby Lobby. Try Sewing Center's where you live.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:12 AM

I found one at Wal-Mart
Old 04-10-2011, 10:21 AM

After learning about June Tailor rulers in this thread and getting the link to her videos I watched every one of them.

I've always had trouble getting half and quarter square triangles right and I was impressed with her ruler used to make these pieces.

I found one at Walmart on Friday for $11.99 and I was thrilled. This morning I made 16 perfect half square triangle blocks without having to rip any out.

You can bet I'll be stocking up on June Tailor rulers when I come across them at a reasonable price!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by spiffy
Wow, you people are fast! Yes, Joann does carry this. It's called

June Tailor Shape Cut Pro Ruler 20''x23''.

I've got a coupon and I'm going to pick up this great tool right away!

Thanks for your help.
Love this board - answers come so fast. Now I am off to JoAnn's! LOL
Old 04-10-2011, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Kmeyer
I have one and I find the ruler is hard to keep from sliding. I have shy aware from using it because I do not trust the accuracy.
I put that non skid stuff they sell on the back of mine - it does not slip at all now. Just cut narrow strips and put around the edges.