Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-10-2011, 04:48 PM

I got my 15-91 all cleaned up and in her new home. the cabinet that I used with my stylist on the top with a cutting board holding it up. This fit right in the slot like it was made for her. My problem is that it has a loud clanking noise under in the bobbin area. It sews a perfect stitch tho. Can anyone help me here? will try to send pics.

room for all my attachments and some thread.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182465[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-182457.jpe
Views:	364
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	182463   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-182459.jpe
Views:	89
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	182465  
Old 04-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Tammy, That is a cute machine. I have one just like it only it's called a Dynamic. It is about as big as a featherweight. Sews like a 99 with a little noise. Mine has made in Japan on it and it comes apart. It came in it's own case. She sews really nice and I call her Dina. Here is a few pictures of her.
Trish
So cute! Those look like dwarfed model 15s! Very pretty decal work... I'd sure be tempted to buy if I saw one.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:35 PM

Thanks so much for info... Is this a good singer? There is just one cam for straight stitching but that will work for now.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:47 PM

I need some help trying to figure out why I have a clanking noise under the machine in the bobbin area. Anyone know?
Old 04-10-2011, 05:53 PM

[quote=shnnn]Here's what I found:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/uthe...sewing-machine

Originally Posted by FarmStitcher
Originally Posted by Kitzone
Farmstitcher, I really admire your avatar. I'd love to put that picture in my sewing room.

Judy, I really don't know just where I found that picture and I'm hoping it is not copywrited!

I've been busy this week-end and I'm catching up on reading. I am no longer using these photos of vintage machines because they appear to be copywrited. I have had that one for a while in my photo file and I might order it. I really like it. Thanks for pointing it out to me, don't want to get anyone in trouble by just using an avatar.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Tammy, That is a cute machine. I have one just like it only it's called a Dynamic. It is about as big as a featherweight. Sews like a 99 with a little noise. Mine has made in Japan on it and it comes apart. It came in it's own case. She sews really nice and I call her Dina. Here is a few pictures of her.
Trish
Trish, what do you mean it comes apart?

Nancy
The outside skin of the machine is in halves and they come apart so you can see the "Skeleton" of the machine. One of you should take yours apart so everyone can see the insides of the machine. If I remember right it is only a few screws and your there.

Billy
Old 04-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by amyjo
I got my 15-91 all cleaned up and in her new home. the cabinet that I used with my stylist on the top with a cutting board holding it up. This fit right in the slot like it was made for her. My problem is that it has a loud clanking noise under in the bobbin area. It sews a perfect stitch tho. Can anyone help me here? will try to send pics.
Loud clanking.........is the bobbin case all the way in? Or is the hook assembly clamps loose? Needle all the way in the needle bar? Is the needle hitting the Needle plate?

I am just tossing out things because these are just a few things I would check to see...... and you might need to oil the hook assembly where it rides in the race. Sometimes that will make a clanking noise. But do not worry we can fix it but it might take a few tries!!

Billy
Old 04-10-2011, 06:36 PM

Have you checked if there is a scratch or burr on your needle plate? It will cause all kinds of birdsnests underside.[/quote]

No I have not good suggestion. I will go and check right now. Kathie
Old 04-10-2011, 06:58 PM

Trish
She is just a cutie!!! Nice decals!!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:15 PM

I was going through and looking at some history on the singer. I thought I would share this with you. I thought it was interesting.
http://www.historyofquilts.com/sewmach.html