Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-11-2011, 05:15 AM
Banned

Carrie you're in KY did you kill that critter to eat it for dinner???????????? LOL
Old 04-11-2011, 05:16 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Carrie you're in KY did you kill that critter to eat it for dinner???????????? LOL
Oh no! We just eat road kill here. LOL!!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:24 AM

I've lost 6 lbs whooray.... Depression, I've batteled it for 20 years, spent 3 wks in a treatment center after attempting sucide... I live in the northwest and we have long winters, it is not an easy life when it's dark and cold for days at a time. But after many many tries the Dr and I have found a combination of med's that at least give me some rest and better days in the winter. Nothing can cure it, you just have to keep trying to find that one thing that makes you SO HAPPY that you need to perk up and do it. Again not an easy task, but if I can do it anyone can.
Not saying it's a cure all, I have panic attacks and such even in the Summer, but it helps!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:41 AM

I know exactly what you're talking about. Started having panic/anxiety attacks when I was 22, wasn't. Told I was chronic depressive until they had me on the suicide ward at the hospital when I was 38. Was hospitalized 3 more times in 2 years. Never found the right drugs for my depression, we have to change every three years because I have a high tolerence to medication so they don't work for long. Right now I am not on ab anti-depressant due to having a doctor who wants me to pick my own. I am a mess but looking for a new doctor. Depression is a battle ladies and then the meds they give you slow your metabolism down so you gain weight which really helps your mood. If your depressed get help......
Old 04-11-2011, 06:57 AM

You are so right, I spent 3 weeks in the treatment center. I've actually been told i'd been fighting this since I was quite young but didn't know it... Now I know by polar and manic.. Med's are a must but I try to keep them at a minimum.. It is no place to be alone. You need a network of people who love you and will not just tell you to 'man' up, not that easy. In fact nothing is easy with depression.. Be careful out there, those panic attacks take hard core meds and it's easy to get hooked, I did, then spent a month cold turkey getting off... At nearly 68 i've learned a few tricks, but am plagued with it constantly. My miniature horses help a lot they are so careing! But winter is right there to get you...I start planning my winter projects NOW.. When winter hits I cannot get to my horses, my husband, my Dragon Slayer takes care of them in the winter.. Last year we had so much snow in January my dog walked right off the deck thinking she was still on it...
Old 04-11-2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I'm staying in today and rescheduling doc for Wednesday. I had a severe insulin reaction last night at midnight. I believe it dropped to below 50, I don't know for sure as I was too crazy to check. When I finally had the sense to eat, I had 4 cupcakes, 6 cookies, and 2 candy bars. Then I checked and it was only 104. That means it was dangerously low.

This morning it is at 200, which is to be expected. Another close call...

Sandy, my lips are praying for you now.
MJ,
What happened to make it go so low???
I am so glad you are OK this morning.

God was with you to be able to get yourself back under control.
Please take care.
Pat
Old 04-11-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
I'm staying in today and rescheduling doc for Wednesday. I had a severe insulin reaction last night at midnight. I believe it dropped to below 50, I don't know for sure as I was too crazy to check. When I finally had the sense to eat, I had 4 cupcakes, 6 cookies, and 2 candy bars. Then I checked and it was only 104. That means it was dangerously low.

MJ,

Please take care.
Pat
Pat,
Losing weight and dieting means that there is a time that you take too much insulin...it is part of diabetes...Now I know not to drop under my 1200 calories, I only ate 800 because I was trying to jump start the weight loss again.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:00 AM

I have panic attack meds, yes there are addictive and I've been on them for 34 years and can't be without them. My DH is bi-polar 1 so we know the meds just can't find an anti-depressant that works on me. Crafting is a huge help and that is why I have started quilting. I needed a new outlet and something to put my creativity into after the last Christmas show till the season starts again. Of course I will be adding quilts to my shows.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana

MJ,

Please take care.
Pat
Pat,
Losing weight and dieting means that there is a time that you take too much insulin...it is part of diabetes...Now I know not to drop under my 1200 calories, I only ate 800 because I was trying to jump start the weight loss again.
OK now you know you can't do that. Silly girl. :D
Old 04-11-2011, 08:35 AM

For Pat:

pppppppppppppppp