Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-11-2011, 04:29 PM

Bojangles, the Morse is a very pretty machine. I like the color and the Art Deco designs.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Well, here is my newest machine - a Morse, 15 clone made in Japan. I got it at a yard sale on Saturday for $20. The case is in pretty good shape too.

Nancy
Nancy,
Beautiful machine - she looks so clean and pristine! I really like the 2 or 3 (I wasn' sure) color decal on the bed. Great find!
Cindy
Old 04-11-2011, 04:30 PM

Well, here is my newest machine - a Morse, 15 clone made in Japan. I got it at a yard sale on Saturday for $20. The case is in pretty good shape too.

Nancy
Nancy,
Beautiful machine - she looks so clean and pristine! I really like the 2 or 3 (I wasn' sure) color decal on the bed. Great find!
Cindy
Old 04-11-2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by jtapp9
I seriously may get shot if I mention this to my husband...we have went out the last two weekends in a row and purchased a vintage machine. And I know HE ain't that into them...lol

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/atq/2316657792.html

She is supposed to get the S/N for me when she gets home from work.

Was it common for these to be electrified? And is it hard to turn them back into a treadle? Because it has been modified is it even worth it?

If I looked the serial number up right she was made in 1916!

So honestly, is it worthless because it has been electrified? And would it be hard to take it back to treadle?

Is this pretty much a straight stitch machine? I'll search and read a little soon, got to go cook dinne! Darn life things that get in the way of my hobbies...lol
Old 04-11-2011, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
These machines were made in Japan. It's seems to be a smaller copy of the singer 15 not big at all about the same size as a FW. The working parts are steel and the frame work is Alum. and the outside is pressed tin.

It's not as heavy as a 99 weights about 15#. They use the same needle as the 99 just bobbin looks to be like the 15. I have sewed with her just to see how she does, and it sews fast you have to get used to it. It also has a tinny sound when sewing. You can remove acouple of things and her dress comes off so she can be oiled.
I have only seen them on e bay until Tammy got one.

I took a picture of her without her dress on so you can see her body.
Wow, I never heard of a machine like that. Was that a serious sewing machine? Or was it suppose to be a kids machine? Whatever, it is really neat looking and pretty cool that it sheds its skin!

Nancy
Old 04-11-2011, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy Lou Who
Nancy,
Cindy
The decal on the bed is actually 3 shades. I wanted a 15 clone from Japan and didn't even realize that is what I bought on Saturday until I started messing with it today! I played with her, oiled and cleaned her up today; and the first time I asked her to sew she made a perfect stitch! This machine also drops her feed dogs!

Thanks to all of you who complimented this machine. I think she is very pretty too.

Nancy
Old 04-11-2011, 05:13 PM

sorry double post again!
Nancy
Old 04-11-2011, 07:19 PM

Billy what do you think? It sure is a pretty machine! Is this one of the better made 15 clones from Japan?

Nancy
Wow Nancy, that's a beautiful Machine, love the color and the decals are beautiful! I will get a picture of my Portman up this week for you to see. Been busy! Too much "real job" stuff getting in the way of my hobby! Ha! :lol:
Old 04-11-2011, 07:21 PM

Okay, here is my machine. I thougth I took more pictures, but they were all black. I'll have to try again later. There are a number of feet (i think) and other things that go with this, but I don't know what they are. Also, I tried to get info from SingerCo but couldn't find how to search. On the cover plate of the maching is a list of patent dates, the last being April 7, 1896. There is a tiny plaque on the top base of the machine that says H493568. Is that the number I should be searching under? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-183017.jpe
Views:	203
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	183023   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-183018.jpe
Views:	201
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	183024  
Old 04-11-2011, 08:19 PM

Foxflower that is a Singer Model 15, allotted on July 2, 1906. Wow, I did not know that the model 15 ever had the Sphinx decal - at first glance I thought you had a Model 127 because of the decal! Yours is the first 15 I have seen with a Sphinx Decal on the machine.

Yes, the serial number tells you all about your machine from the Singer site.

Nancy