Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN >

WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN

WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN

Old 04-12-2011, 04:17 AM

My local Wal-Mart has completely restocked the fabric department. A few weeks ago they had a 75% off all fabric sale; it seemed like they brought in fabric from other stores. I guess they were trying to clear out all of the old stock. Last week I was shocked (and thrilled!) to find a huge amount of brand-new fabric there. Now if only they would station someone at the cutting table during peak hours....LOL... because I can never find anyone to cut yardage for me!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:21 AM

Our Wal-Mart never did stop carrying fabric. It had an adequate supply.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by sewobsessed1
Originally Posted by Darlene
That story is false.
Not false, the article is right here:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...673697210.html

:)
My local Wallie went from a small store to a BB about three years ago. They kept the fabric. Then they got a hot shot corporate head that decided to "update" the new store. What a joke. Of course fabric was going out. Instead, after all our complaining, he went out. They are now remodeling the store again which is okay but the good news....... our fabric is staying. They moved it to another location in the store nearer the groceries and for the life of me, I don't know why. However, we still have bolt fabric plus the $5.00 bolts and the $1.50 a yard. Yes the price is a little higher, but that was to be expected. We had a Hobby Lobby open a mile a way and I'm thinking that may have had some influence since it has been a big hit. Can't you see me dancin' all the way to the store with my walker?
Old 04-12-2011, 04:29 AM

not false if its in wallstreet
Old 04-12-2011, 04:31 AM

My WalMart never stopped carrying fabric; however I have noticed that they have been carrying more lately. Yeah! I use their fabric all the time and have never had a problem. I can buy the same fabric as in a fabric store for several dollars less.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:37 AM

What WONDERFUL news. Maybe they listened to all of us???
Thanks for sharing the wonderful news.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
I don't want to rain on what will be a happy circumstance for alot of us fabric shoppers (includes me) but I hope this time they will have the fabric counter staffed by someone who knows how to cut fabric. Before the "change" when my store had fabric I had to call for help each time and wait and wait. Then whoever came over usually admitted they really didn't know what to do.
We've had the same four girls in our fabric section since the store was built, enlarged and then remodeled. They know us by name, fabric preference, (show us new stuff in our likable field) check the beginning for a straight edge cut and look for flaws. We luv 'em and tell the bosses frequently.One's getting ready to retire and we're begging her not to.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by dlbrandt
The WalMarts in Moorefield, WV and Elkins, WV have a fabric department. Lots and lots of fabric, patterns, fatquarters, etc. So much to choose from!!!! I was in AWE!!!!!! In Uniontown and surrounding areas have none.
I make about 6 trips a year to the Elkins area, and always load up on fabrics. Some are luscious, and just jump into my buggy. Other fabrics, the course stuff, are great for the 10 year olds to use because, although a lower quality, it won't slip and slide much. It's great practice fabric for their little budgets.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:41 AM

Hope it's soon!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by MissJMac
ATTENTION QUILTERS OF AMERICA:
Today's Wall Stree Journal reports that Walmart is returning everyday products like fishing rods and BOLTS OF FABRIC to its shelves. Seems trying to accommodate a younger demographic is not working and they're going back to the group that made them.
YEAH!!!!!!!
Talked to an employee at our local Walmart because store seemed so unorganized and out of certain merchandise lately. She said that the corporate office has now taken over scheduling of # of employees instead of the department heads. They (company heads) are not always aware of local condition near facilities. Is there a big local event this weekend and will more people be in to buy coldcuts and salads? Is there a fabric store next door to the Walmart or is the closest one 50 miles away. Sometimes don't you wonder just how the high paid CEO's get such high salaries!! :roll: :roll: