Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Afghan women are coming to quilt! >

Afghan women are coming to quilt!

Afghan women are coming to quilt!

Old 04-12-2011, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by kai's Tutu
your box is in the mail have fun I did send some plain stuff will send more later take care

Thanks! I am sending you something back in return and I really hope you enjoy it.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:55 AM

is this your only email you have [email protected]
Old 04-13-2011, 02:04 PM

I sort of remember something I heard about feet. This woman had married a muslim man and she said that one day she said to someone,"I'll kick you!" and the other person was horrified. Then she was told that they believe that feet are filth. I do not know if this is true. You might inquire.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:15 PM

Ya know, sometimes I think the WOMEN of the human race can do things that the men can't. We can cultivate a relationship with the women of other cultures and gain their trust and friendship. I was thinking, maybe those of us on the board could make up sewing kits with needles, thimbles, pins, pincushions, thread, scissors. Then each new lady who wants to come to your group could be given a little kit to start out with. I would be glad to contribute.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by drgranny
Ya know, sometimes I think the WOMEN of the human race can do things that the men can't. We can cultivate a relationship with the women of other cultures and gain their trust and friendship. I was thinking, maybe those of us on the board could make up sewing kits with needles, thimbles, pins, pincushions, thread, scissors. Then each new lady who wants to come to your group could be given a little kit to start out with. I would be glad to contribute.
Thanks for the offer. You are not allowed to show the bottom of your feet/shoe because it disrespectful. I am researching the sewing kits because the first time I heard about it was during a chat yesterday. I suppose they are easy to do. What are your ideas?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sienna's GiGi
Originally Posted by drgranny
Thanks for the offer. You are not allowed to show the bottom of your feet/shoe because it disrespectful. I am researching the sewing kits because the first time I heard about it was during a chat yesterday. I suppose they are easy to do. What are your ideas?
On thinking about it a little more, these items could be put in a little homemade drawstring bag, or a small metal tin. I buy little cosmetic bags at the thrift stores to make my own sewing kits out of. They are just large enough for a spool of thread, small pincushion, packet of needles, a few pins, a small pair of scissors. I have about a dozen of these little kits. So that I can always find one. The little bags have a zipper.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:05 AM

Please be very careful. My DD has informed me last night that the soldiers in her unit had captured some Taliban who are using women to bomb our troops. They were apprehended with 3 women. My DD was upset that she had to deal with these women because she was not trained for this. Please be careful.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by granma1
Please be very careful. My DD has informed me last night that the soldiers in her unit had captured some Taliban who are using women to bomb our troops. They were apprehended with 3 women. My DD was upset that she had to deal with these women because she was not trained for this. Please be careful.
I am very careful. Thnaks for your concern. I appreciate that. My heart pumps kool-aid for anyone that wants to harm me or my friends. When it comes to the defense of my country I am NOT a nice "lady".
Old 04-15-2011, 09:24 AM

I had a woman from amman Jordan in my home & we could not speak the same language. Somehow we ended up in my sewing room & we made a quilt together. I would show her what to do next & she would do the sewing on my machine, which was something new to her. We would laugh & had the best time together. She took the quilt top with her when she left & it was such a blessing to watch her face. Quilting is such a wonderful way to get aquainted. I think you are quite a lady to do this. God bless! Glenda Holmes
Old 04-17-2011, 08:17 AM
OB

Be yourself and let the love of creative expression carry the day. Please post pictures of your work.