Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-12-2011, 06:10 AM

LOVE it!!! It's just like mine, but your machine designs are in better shape.Enjoy :thumbup:
Old 04-12-2011, 07:01 AM

[quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by jtapp9
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/atq/2316657792.html

Was it common for these to be electrified? And is it hard to turn them back into a treadle? Because it has been modified is it even worth it?

If I looked the serial number up right she was made in 1916!

So honestly, is it worthless because it has been electrified? And would it be hard to take it back to treadle?
I have a red eye as a HC and love it. Let us know what you do with it. You know you need it, lol. I'm in the process of making blocks for a TO swap on mine.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by olebat
$50? Damien, you've learned a lot lurking here. Congratulations. Nice score. Beware of the enablers. Everyone here is real nice, but we have this addiction thing going on. If someone doesn't know the answer, they find out.
Well 900+ pages of free knowledge! HAHA! It is pretty awesome that everyone here is so willing to share their knowledge and experiences, that is the reason I joined. Thanks!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Damienvon3
Hi Everyone! I have been a LURKER here for some time and decided it is time for me to jump in on the fun! I didn't own a machine until this last weekend; Billy has started me down the right road to get them oiled up and greased up.

The singer 99 is a 1926 model and is in beautiful shape. I bought it sight unseen.

The 301 is AWESOME! I should have cleaned it up before I took the pictures.

The Phoenix Sewing AG Baer & Rempel is a treadel machine that at some point was converted to electric with a Singer motor. I believe it is a 28Z model.

Does anyone know anything about the Phoenix? There is not a lot of information that I can find yet; however, the search is on now!

Here are my purchases, not a bad $50 spent I think!
Geeze, I have NEVER been that lucky! Do you know what the 301's are selling for now! One just sold for $300 on e-bay and shopgoodwill!

The 99 looks like it is in great shape, the 301 looks perfect, and that Pheonix treadle is really cute! I think there are a couple people here that have a Pheonix, maybe they will jump in. Really nice start to your addiction -- oh, by the way -- YOU ARE HOOKED now like the rest of us! Great machines! What a great start -- you got it all in one buy!

Nancy
Thanks Nancy! I can see that I may need more space for machines than I have allotted! The hunt is on! :D
Old 04-12-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Foxflower
Nancy, thank you. Anyway, any idea on value anyone?
The price range on those treadles goes up and down the board! Depends on who is buying and what they are willing to pay. They seem to be climbing, but most antique stores around here won't take them now, because of the economy they don't sell (at least not for what they are asking). The most I have ever paid for a beautiful treadle in pristine shape was $90, for a Wheeler and Wilson from Portugal (page 417 here). Most of my treadles, I got for under $65 -- but, I am a bargain hunter. I always tell people to put a price on theirs and see if there are any takers - if not lower the price!

Nancy
Thanks again. I don't want to sell it since its a family heirloom. I was just curious. Now, to get it fixed up....
Old 04-12-2011, 10:08 AM

Don't know if it's really a vintage BUT --did you ever hear of a small size Singer machine for embroidery that you have to connect to a computer - uses only a small hoop ?

Sorry at this time that is all the info I have as the owner
is not a computer user and she said it is old . Can't be too old if it has to connect to a computer in my thoughts.
Any help re where to see a pic or info is appreciated.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:14 AM

Does anyone know about the Premier "Deluxe 100", has Champion motor and made in Japan. Have found a gorgeous one but don't know anything about this type.

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:27 AM

Is the "Treadle Belt - Fitall, Alphasew Leather" an good replacement for the belt on my Singer 15? I have the old one to make the proper measurement. If not a good replacement, what is? Thanks
Old 04-12-2011, 11:37 AM

Guess what followed me home from Traverse City? Remember I'm not buying any more machines.

Then what is a Necchi in a cabinet doing in the back seat of my car? I don't know a thing about her except that she wasn't happy being used as a stand for plastic plants in the Salvation Army store. I left her and went to the fabric store - didn't work - I went back. $27 and she was liberated.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by shnnn
I bought a necchi model bu at the thrift store today -- wondering if anyone can help me find more information on it
Don't know what exactly you're wanting to know, but the BU is a very well-built machine. I have one converted to treadle; mine works in a Singer base with no alteration, but most need to have the hinge pin holes dremeled out just a bit to fit. I have friends who use them for free motion and think they're the best.