Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN >

WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN

WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN

Old 04-12-2011, 06:53 PM

Don't mean to be the buzz kill but I don't shop at Walmart on principle. They strong arm manufacturers and encourage outsourcing of American jobs.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:02 PM

I finally got to go to our wal-mart the other day and have tons of fabric on bolts. Pretty ones too. If fact the pattern/quilting isle was loaded with all kinds of material and templates and other things. If only they would have had layaway I might have gotten some.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:12 PM

Yep, it is all about the almighty buck and nothing to do with the customers or good customer service.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:16 PM

I assume fabric at our Walmsrt will return...However, they will be my second choice place to shop. A gal in her 40's
(I'm guessing: bought out the inventory of a couple who had
been in business for 35 or 40 years. They were about 35
miles from me. Now the new owner is 7 blocks from me. We are relatively a small town. Her fabric is not cheap in quality, she is sooo plesant and helpful...I don't think she
has much more than $4 or $5 a yd; She will get my business
unless I absolutely can't find it there. Heck with Walmart
they seem to run out our locally owned business...then when
they are gone theyquit handling the merchandise. No loyalty
there for me.If I have to have it and can't find it anywhere
else, I might buy from them.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:32 PM

I was in the Stuart , Fl store last week as the were pricing about 40 bolts.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:32 PM

Lucky for you guys in "The States", but for us in Canada, nothing. We can still get some fat quarters, but a very limited selection, and not of very good quality. In Regina, Sask. we have 2 Fabriclands, they have a vast selection of fashion, upholstery, and a small selection of quilting. One fabric store called Globe Fabrics that has some 15 year old cotton selections and deals mostly in upholstery fabrics. And one small quilt shop located in a house, called Astrin's Attic. And one shop called, Northgate Sewing Centre (where I just happen to work) They sell machines and a very large selection of quilt goods. It is by far the nicest quilt shop just about province wide. Lucky me!!!!!!! I really like my cottons and batiks, but I also try very hard to not spend a fortune on fabric and especially backing. I see some quilters come into the shop and think nothing of dropping $16 - $20 bucks a metre for 5 metres of fabric for backing for their quilts. Man o man, out of my price range !!!!!!!!!! From Auntie B, in "all of a sudden it's spring in Saskatchewan, Canada"
Old 04-12-2011, 07:42 PM

The thing is that there fabric is as high as Jo-anns. I use to buy there because it was reasonable but it seemed to jump up over night.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:16 PM

hi my store still sells fabric .we that love that part of the store have sent letters phone calls to try to keep our fabric dept .no fabric no shop at walmart I have not been to three walmarts that took the fabric out for four years.so I am glad they are changing there minds my store is in woonsocket RI and the girls that work that dept are great. ps the fabric my dog olivia has on her is from walmart
Old 04-12-2011, 08:23 PM

SHOUTING AND DOING THE HAPPY DANCE .................!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:26 PM

Ours never stopped completely selling but the selection wasn't good. Now they have fabric loaded to the gills. Haven't gotten any more floor space given to them. Not too much fun for anyone when what you need has 10 bolts on top of it. Went Sat for interfacing, rang their bell for probablly 10 mins, gave up, did my shopping and went back to fabrics and still could get no help. Couuldn't find a person to even ask for help to be sent over there. Planning on speaking to management.