tattoos?

Old 04-12-2011, 08:01 PM

really my friend,,,,,,, a belly button piercing/ hahaha. glad you are back online....jacie
Old 04-12-2011, 08:41 PM

I got a tattoo at age 50. Figured If I still wanted one at that age I was probably not going to change my mind. I have a small rosebud on my ankle. My kids nearly came unglued!!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:51 PM

I've thought about getting a tattoo before, but I don't think I ever will. The permanency of it scares me.

If I ever did get one, I'd probably get it in a place easy to hide. Possibly in white ink (I've seen pictures, it's not so jarring, but it's still there). Don't laugh, but I'd probably get my favorite Bible verse done in Elvish script (it's a lord of the rings thing...).

So when I wanted to do something a little crazy, after I got married and moved out of my parent's house, I got my nose pierced. Not that crazy, but my dad wouldn't let me get it pierced when I lived at home. And I figured - you only live once, and I'm young. I can always take it out and let it close up. For now I'm loving the piercing. Don't know if I'll ever get rid of it..maybe when I become a parent, but I kind of doubt it. :)

I do appreciate the beautiful tattoos out there. And DH has one on his chest, which I like. :)
Old 04-12-2011, 10:17 PM

I have several the first was a butterfly on a rose with a stem on my shoulder when I was twenty-five, thought I was getting old, and back then it was really a bad girl thing to do, and for once I wanted to be bad, lol :D
Old 04-12-2011, 10:34 PM

I have one tattoo that I got when I was 18 and just joined the Navy. I wanted to do something to celebrate my new independent life. Since my name is Angel, I got a cartoon “lil devil” with a pitchfork and halo. My name always gives people some higher expectation to live up to. I cringe when people ask if I really am an Angel. It is in a discreet location because it is for me and nobody else. I don’t regret it at all.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:40 PM

I have a real tatoo! and have a motorcycle to go with it.
The looks I get from people when they see me get off my bike to have a tea on a terrass, and then see me take out some hand piecing and start sewing in my leather riding pants...who says quilters are dowdy old biddies?
Old 04-13-2011, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
Originally Posted by clcoats
Not me. Pierced ears are as far as I go with self-inflicted pain!
ditto
Not me, too. Looks too painful not to mention what will it look like sagging 20 or so years from now. Ick.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:37 AM

I have an ongoing piece that runs from my right shoulder blade down my side almost to the waist. It's a black & gray scrollwork with a lily at the top, I love it and eventually it'll go down my hip, leg & ankle (when I have $ to blow, lol). It's gorgeous and everytime I go out in public with it exposed I get compliments. I waited until I was over 30 & separated because my ex hated tats. I picked a good location for weight gain/loss & I can totally cover it if needed.

I do have an exposed eyebrow piercing but most people don't even notice it with the jewelry in, it's subtle.

Someone mentioned tattooing over scars. I have a lower back surgery scar and my surgeon said it was fine to tattoo over it after a year, my tattoo guy agreed. I can't bring myself to do it though, I had enough pain in that location to do it again but the zipper idea is funny, my ex said I should do that too.

I wish I could take a good pic of my tat by myself but it's a little big for mirror self photos!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:29 AM

Not even tempted to do the tramp stamp thing
Old 04-13-2011, 05:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa
I've thought about getting a tattoo before, but I don't think I ever will. The permanency of it scares me.

If I ever did get one, I'd probably get it in a place easy to hide. Possibly in white ink (I've seen pictures, it's not so jarring, but it's still there). Don't laugh, but I'd probably get my favorite Bible verse done in Elvish script (it's a lord of the rings thing...).
White hurts more than any other color! They have to needle the same place a lot to get the white ink to take and even then it rarely lasts.