Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-) >

Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-)

Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-)

Old 04-13-2011, 08:47 AM

Qbee...Remember we're all in this together! That could have been me writing your post (with the exception of causes for the depression). I definitely understand. Some of my blocks, too, will not be finished by the 15th. My Siggi blocks are all done but six that I feel have to be redone...writing doesn't show up well enough. I had to do another center for the IRR (international round robin) because another lady just dropped out of sight with two centers that didn't belong to her. (I do hope she's not hurt or seriously ill; no one has heard a word with no replys to phone or email!)and tax season is here and have trip planned to west coast within a few weeks! I just over committed by signing up for two groups! Whew...I want to work in my garden! :) LOL....I do hope YOU understand when your blocks show up late! {{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}
I didn't look, but if you haven't sent them there are no worries with my blocks getting back to me on time...they can jump to the bottom of the stack ! I'll be happy when I get them but not worth stressing over! (Silly girl!) Take care of yourself!!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Qbee
If you are in both groups, you may have already read this so just disregard. I am literally pained to have to write this note. I am going to be late with my blocks and I have absolutely NO excuse.
The bottom line is that when I lost my Dad in July I joined this board as I was beginning to learn to quilt, as a kind of therapy, and it was SO helpful. I chatted with the folks on live chat until the wee hours of the morning on those nights I couldn’t sleep, I marveled at all the beautiful quilts for hours at a time and took all the quilt classes I could sign up for at my LQS. Then in December when I lost my mom, it got harder to keep “pulling myself up by the bootstraps” but I did manage to get through Christmas and the holidays. All was going fairly well until all the senior pictures and other graduation preparations for my youngest started. It hit me that my nest was about to be completely empty….no dad, mom or kids to take care of.
So…..when all the swaps opened up in January I joined them ALL! I signed up for BOTH Boomerang Groups, the Round Robin, the Siggy Swap, and started Hosting the Magnet Swap. The plan was to stay SO busy that I wouldn’t get depressed, etc.
Well, what I didn’t know is that there would be days that I could sit on the board all day, chat on live chat pretending that I was doing great but would not be able to actually get anything done at all. I especially didn’t foresee days that I wouldn’t want to get out of bed. So, I finally broke down and went to the doctor recently and am getting some meds that have been helpful. The doctor was very nice in telling me that I should not have expected myself to bounce back….blah…blah…blah but the truth is, I am humiliated and ashamed to have to admit that I have not lived up to what I agreed to do.
I am NOT asking for any sympathy believe me....this is TOTALLY my own fault. What I do need is for anyone who needs their block back in the next week or so to let me know so I can look to see if it is already made or make it and get it sent ASAP. I will be working night and day to get the rest made and do not anticipate any other delays.
I have finished the 56 blocks for the Siggy Swap and they are already packed and ready, the Magnet Swap is doing much better in that everyone for the most part is sending as they said they would, etc. so that is really easy and fun now, and the ladies in my Row Robin group are total dolls plus that row is about done anyway. So....I am putting ALL of my focus on getting ya’lls blocks done.
Again, I am truly sorry for this and promise that it will not happen again. If allowed, I would like to do the next Boomerang swap but only one group this time….LOL ;)
Please don't apologize for life's stone walls. You notice I didn't say hurdles because those we jump over, fall on our face and start again. Hon, you have stone walls you have been beating yourself against so, stop it :thumbup: .

We are strong, we will survive and we will keep crumgling along the way. That's it.

ps - I also am only signing up for one group next time. I didnt' get ANY of mine out until yesterdday. lol
Old 04-13-2011, 09:07 AM

Well here goes:

Buddies mailed April 12th

belladawn
bibliostone
Chigger Holler Quilter
Cyndi H
Gigi07
goldendog55
jane cat
jlin52
jtapp09
Karen
Katie Ann
Kristen0112
Lillie
MarieM
Missmare
montanablu
moonrise
Nurse Bon nie
Ok Darla
Qbee
raya69
Roseysue
Sewwhat85
shaysmema
teal falcon
Tink74
tolepainter
Wendsy

Buddies to be mailed April 15th

AnnTherrianbelladawn
brenda 5
craftymainemom
Kathy N
Ksea
SUZI’S
Old 04-13-2011, 09:17 AM

Amen!

Originally Posted by jtapp9
QBee, bless your heart. Don't fret over this stuff. It will get done when it gets done! Take time to let your heart heal a little :)
Old 04-13-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by tealfalcon
hi ladies sorry i have been mia for awhile....i am working hard at getting all these blocks out by tommrow. i need to know who doesnt have a f8 from me...my oh so wonderful twins got into my sewing stuff and destroyed my list...which brings me to i need your help...i need to know if you can help me claim your block...i know who some are from but need help so i can mark the rest...please be patient as there are quite a few pics
Mine is the one below GiGi07...with pink & green
Old 04-13-2011, 09:50 AM

Qbee no worries...
Old 04-13-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by tealfalcon
hi ladies sorry i have been mia for awhile....i am working hard at getting all these blocks out by tommrow. i need to know who doesnt have a f8 from me...my oh so wonderful twins got into my sewing stuff and destroyed my list...which brings me to i need your help...i need to know if you can help me claim your block...i know who some are from but need help so i can mark the rest...please be patient as there are quite a few pics
Hi, tealfalcon. I don't have a F8 from you.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:38 PM

Tealfalcon I have your F8 and in fact have a completed block from you.
Tink 74 I already have my completed block from you, but please take care of yourself and get better then worry about finishing the blocks. If you need help, I would be more than willing to help you.
Then there is Qbee, please, please, please don't beat yourself up. I think each and everyone of us understand life getting in the way, and I think that most of us understand grief and know that each and everyone of us work through our grief differently. I am in no hurry for either one of my blocks, so put mine to the end, and take care of you and let quilting be fun and good therapy not another reason to stress.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tink74
Dear Buddies...I have received everyones fabric :-). I only have 7 more to send out. 3 are cut, 2 I recently received and 2 I am stuck on. My problem is that I am in the hospital. I have had major back probs for 10 years, but my body decided to have a new disc herniate. I don't have my list of who is who for who I still owe, so give me a little time...I might hand piece then...that would be new & fun :-). I am OK, just wanted to keep everyone in the know. Hugs :-X
Hope you get better soon, will add you to my prayer list.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:57 PM

TealFalcon I have not gotten an F8 from you yet. I also have not mailed mine to you yet.