Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN >

WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN

WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN

Old 04-14-2011, 07:43 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. It won't be anything like it used to be when it was a real department! They might have to hire someone to work in the department. What a change that would be or make!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by dunngriffith
this week our Wal Mart just sold out their fabric section!!!
I heard today the WM about 50 miles east of me is closing out their fabric. I was just there a week or two ago.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:45 AM

I guess they aren't putting any fabric in my store here in Greenwood, SC. What a bummer.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:23 AM

Sounds good, can hardly wait.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:12 PM

I was at my local Walmart today. They did have fabric but it was all precut and in 1 or 2 yd bundles. It was not on the bolt. The last time I was there, there was no fabric at all. Looks like this is what they will be carrying. Didn't think it was as nice as their bolt fabric was.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:54 PM

Just wanted update everyone. I am the department manager of the fabric department in Mount Vernon, Ohio and I was in on a conference call this morning and was informed that we will be keeping our fabric department. This came from my market manager so it is true. I am so glad, not just for my job but for my own personal sewing. If anyone comes to Mount Vernon, Ohio, be sure to stop in.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:15 PM

I was in my local Walmart today and asked when they were getting the fabric bolts back. I was met with a blank look and no one knew anything about it. I told them it was on the news and in the Wall Street Journal and they could only tell me about a Walmart about 2 hours away that had fabric. I guess I'll just have to rely on on-line shopping for fabric.

Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kate01
I was in my local Walmart today and asked when they were getting the fabric bolts back. I was met with a blank look and no one knew anything about it. I told them it was on the news and in the Wall Street Journal and they could only tell me about a Walmart about 2 hours away that had fabric. I guess I'll just have to rely on on-line shopping for fabric.

Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!!!
I called our local Wal Mart and the person to whom I spoke said they had not officially heard anything, but that they are all hoping the fabric department will return. Hope for the best for all of us, but don't rely just on hope. Contact Wal Mart and ask for a full fabric and notions department. froggyintexas
Old 04-15-2011, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by MissJMac
ATTENTION QUILTERS OF AMERICA:
Today's Wall Stree Journal reports that Walmart is returning everyday products like fishing rods and BOLTS OF FABRIC to its shelves. Seems trying to accommodate a younger demographic is not working and they're going back to the group that made them.
YEAH!!!!!!!
Well it is about time!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 04-18-2011, 09:03 AM

We have a cottage near Erie PA, lots of Amish there. I see them at the Walmarts in the area(there are at least three) all the time.
Originally Posted by grann of 6
If they do, I hope it is a better quality than the junk they have in packages now. When we did have bolt fabric, a lot of it was of a poor quality; but some was rather nice. I live kinda on the edge of Amish country, so they also had fabric suitable for their apparel. Although I NEVER have seen an Amish person in there. My DIL is on the town council and she said the Amish wouldn't shop at Wal Mart because they are open on Sundays. Wal Mart built a horse parking area, which I once saw a horse and buggy in it. I just think Wal Mart is really out of touch with what shoppers REALLY want. They need a reality check in their pocket book.