Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
what song did you walk down the ailse to? >

what song did you walk down the ailse to?

what song did you walk down the ailse to?

Old 04-15-2011, 06:59 AM

My husband and I got married very young...when I look at pictures I see just how young we were. Our priest lectured on young people getting married too young. Yep that was the sermon for our wedding. We have been together since I was 15 and now I'm 52...the old fart!! (oops sorry if that offends anyone)
Old 04-15-2011, 07:15 AM

I walked down the aisle to'Love Me Tender' (Elvis). Also sung/played was 'If I Give My Heart to You' (Nat King Cole) and 'You Decorated My Life' (Kenny Rogers). Married in NE Iowa-not Las Vegas!
Old 04-15-2011, 07:56 AM

We had an outdoor wedding at a garden restaurant setting. Beautiful with all the lush trees and foliage and coming down the aisle to the traditional wedding march. During the middle of the ceremony, our live musicians with a singer sang "The Hawaiian Wedding Song." Brought many tears to a lot of people's eyes. What a wonderful memory with such a beautiful setting to celebrate our lives together. Our daughter chose the same venue for her wedding 5 years ago, too.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:38 AM

My groom was a professional singer--so just before I came down the aisle, he trned toward me and sang "And This Is My Beloved" from Kismet, and then the Wedding march played and I and my dad did our walk down the aisle. It was SO romantic,I thought, but one guest, who didn't know my husband, said "I couldn't figure out why you were marrying the soloist!" :lol: :lol:
Old 04-15-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by okiepastor
Wedding march---the ONLY thing used then! anything else would have been scandalous!
Yes, me too but I don't think anyone would have thought of it as scandalous, but very, VERY odd.....everyone turning to the person next to them and saying, "WHAT????????????" with their nose pulled up. That being said, the Wedding March always made me cry so I wouldn't have ever wanted anything else, unless Pomp and Circumstance which also makes me cry.

I DO wish I would have thought of some appropriate song for on the way back down the aisle. My second daughter was 25 when she finally got married (last of all her friends) and they played the Hallelujah Chorus on the way back. :) :) Everyone was laughing because they understood the "FINALLY!!!!!!!!" of it.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:14 AM

Walked down the aisle to "Trumpets Voluntare" and left by "Ode to Joy" I never liked the traditional wedding march. Married 33 yrs this summer.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:18 AM

Perry Como's 'It's Impossible' - such a beautiful song!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:26 AM

first time traditional wedding march

second time.. I don't know...LOL how bad is that! I am thinking its was ode to joy...

second time I had to fight with the preist to let us have the traditional one for the way out. He didn't like the traditional wedding ones... go figure!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:32 AM

The Hawaiian Wedding Song. We took our parents to Hawaii and got married in a cave with a hundred or so lit candles. It was called the Fern Grotto, but I think it has since been destroyed by Mother Nature.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:40 AM

I jot married to ' Jesu Joy of Man's Desire' That was beatiful!! 28 years ago.I dont like the wedding march Here Comes the Bride.