Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-17-2011, 04:41 AM
Banned

OMG Rita's mom I foegot to send you the FQ. Funny thing is I have it sitting in my living room and yesterday I thought to myself what is it doing there are I wasn't making anything with green. Could you PM me your addy so I don't have to search for it? Thanks
Old 04-17-2011, 04:47 AM
Banned

I had a BAD attack of vertigo very late last night. I can't figure out what happened as I didn't hear any motor different then the normal motors in the house. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention. For a few seconds everything got black. It frightens me so much when it happens. I almost fell and today I am WAY off balance. No sewing for me I am sure I will be spending the day in bed. At least I have a laptop so I connected to the world.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:54 AM

Great news Sandy-take care of yourself and you'll be up and running (pun intended) in no time.

You're right about depression seeming to hit a lot of people right now. Usually spring is my favorite and most productive time of year. Not this year. We've had one sunny day in the last 2 weeks. Nothing but dark and rainy weather. That really increases my joint pain and depression.

I realized another reason I'm not losing weight. You know that expression "S**t happens"--well it isn't!! If I could poop I'd lose 15 lbs--I swear Christmas dinner is still in there!!! Well I'll eat lots of veggies (ugh) and fruit this week to see if that helps. (sorry if I grossed anyone out).

Okay let's make this a good losing week everyone!
Old 04-17-2011, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
Great news Sandy-take care of yourself and you'll be up and running (pun intended) in no time.

You're right about depression seeming to hit a lot of people right now. Usually spring is my favorite and most productive time of year. Not this year. We've had one sunny day in the last 2 weeks. Nothing but dark and rainy weather. That really increases my joint pain and depression.

I realized another reason I'm not losing weight. You know that expression "S**t happens"--well it isn't!! If I could poop I'd lose 15 lbs--I swear Christmas dinner is still in there!!! Well I'll eat lots of veggies (ugh) and fruit this week to see if that helps. (sorry if I grossed anyone out).

Make sure you drink enough water.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:04 PM

Hey guys! I just got home and am very thankful to be back in my own home. I had a great time though! I believe I have fallen in love. *sigh* Love love love.

Anyway. All is well and I am thankful to be able to get back on the bandwagon here on the board.

I have lost in the last week 8.3 pounds and have about 14 or so to go but unfortunately I have come home with bronchitis and will be seeing my doc on Monday. If I am still sick tomorrow afternoon they will be postponing my surgery again. Oh well. It is better to go into this surgery healthy than sick.

I missed you guys bunches and bunches!!!

Missy
Old 04-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Banned

Missy it is good to see you back!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by janRN

Something that you might want to try as a quick inexpensive relief, eat a couple of pieces of sugar free hard candy. The artificial sweeteners in the candy works as a laxative, but please only eat a couple of pieces or you won't leave the bathroom. Even the back of the package states that eating too much of the candy causes a laxative effect.
And something else, as someone already stated do drink lots of water. You may also want to include Magnesium (vitamins) to your daily regime. I take 2-250mg tablets daily and now I am regular, also have more (natrual) energy.

Good Luck!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:39 AM
Banned

Prunes..........another thing is popcorn.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Nana Julie
You may also want to include Magnesium (vitamins) to your daily regime. I take 2-250mg tablets daily and now I am regular, also have more (natrual) energy.
I second the magnesium! I've had problems most of my life (complication of endometriosis) and take magnesium every day. It can take some time to get the dosage right, but it can be used safely long term and has other benefits as well.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:53 AM

Glad your back Missy. Tru gets depressed and mean when you're gone and then starts telling us about all the Easter candy she is eating and not sharing. Glad you had a good time. Hope it was fabric you fell in love with, people can be a real pain where fabric is always ajoy.