Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I did a bad, bad thing.... >

I did a bad, bad thing....

I did a bad, bad thing....

Old 04-18-2011, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by tutt
My husband lost his job in November, but he's retirement age, so it's working out and I still have a very good job, and we've paid off most of our bills and are preparing the house for my retirement. Then my badness hit.......I really feel awful, but I bought (financed) a Bernina 820 today! I love it, but why did I do this. I didn't need it....I have a Pfaff that I love, but I'm afraid if I don't get it now, I'll never have it! I'm conflicted, I want it but not sure I should keep it!!! Help, make me feel better!!!! Buyer's remorse sucks!
KEEP IT. That is what we work for. You can double up on payments, and get it paid off early. Just because you have a Pfaff does not mean that you cannot have the Bernina too.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:09 PM

Love you guys, you raised my spirits! I'm still a little weak in the knees about it, but I'm LOVING it!!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:20 PM

I imagine you work hard and life is too short not to indulge a little every now and then. Let go of the guilt and enjoy your new machine-you deserve it!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by tutt
My husband lost his job in November, but he's retirement age, so it's working out and I still have a very good job, and we've paid off most of our bills and are preparing the house for my retirement. Then my badness hit.......I really feel awful, but I bought (financed) a Bernina 820 today! I love it, but why did I do this. I didn't need it....I have a Pfaff that I love, but I'm afraid if I don't get it now, I'll never have it! I'm conflicted, I want it but not sure I should keep it!!! Help, make me feel better!!!! Buyer's remorse sucks!
If your close to retirement then you have earned it!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:30 PM

I watched my dad die of a massive heart attack when he was 49 and I was 18. He never got to do the traveling he wanted to do. My husband told me on his deathbed that he always wanted to take flying lessons but family got in the way. I never knew that. My neighbor died of a brain tumor wishing she had gotten the sewing machine I kept trying to get her to buy. So my attitude now is...if you want it and you can afford it, then you should have it. I just got my long arm I have been wanting for years. I too financed it with the no interest 2 year deal. I will pay it off before that. But I think we work so hard all our young lives to provide our family with the things they need and want, love and nurturting being part of that. So when retirement looms upon us, it is time to be selfish. I told my DDIL that if I die next week I will have had one week of pure joy with my new long arm. No regrets.... You deserve it.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:12 PM

I agree with the others. Go for it. We only come around once in this life and need to enjoy this moment. I am looking at the 830LE and when I found out about the monthly payment, I did put that on hold. When son buys house, I will get it. I can wait. I have a Janome 10000, and have not used it to full potential. DON'T feel guilty. Enjoy every minute of it.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:20 PM

i dont see a problem, you are not behind in your bills so its not like you are having a hard time budgeting , im sure you can cut corners somewhere else if you need to
Old 04-18-2011, 04:22 PM

you did good. if things get bad you can always sell it . I would like to know did you make the lace book markers ? they are very pretty .If you did could you please tell me where you got them. Thank you have a good time quilting on your new machine. shrabar
Old 04-18-2011, 04:33 PM

You did the right thing girlfriend.
It is called planning for the future when you might not have the extra $$$$$$$$$$ in your budget.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:53 PM

Here's my 2 cents worth. Don't deny yourself. I bought a baby Lock Ellisimo a yr. ago. It is fabulous and my "buyer's remorse" lasted about 15 minutes!!!