Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-) >

Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-)

Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-)

Old 04-17-2011, 07:40 PM

I'm missing F8's from tealfalcon and belladawn.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:46 AM

April I am missing a F8 from mbogenpohl (but she pm'd me yesterday). I have to more blocks to finish and then I will post all the ones that I send out later today. Sorry for the delay, just didn't get them all done Friday and the weekend was just too hectic. I had a stack ready to go but decided to wait for the last 3, so I will go to the post office this afternoon.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by bolin0909
I want in too. But I am NEW to this whole thing so you guys might have to walk me thru some of the process. Thanks again April
I have ya Larissa and no worries we are always here to help. Any questions of any kind anyone here is always happy to help and I am always just a PM away :-)
Looking forward to swapping with you!
Hugs
April

Originally Posted by tolepainter54
I'm missing F8's from tealfalcon and belladawn.
Thank you for letting me know
Hugs
April

Originally Posted by ksea
April I am missing a F8 from mbogenpohl (but she pm'd me yesterday). I have to more blocks to finish and then I will post all the ones that I send out later today. Sorry for the delay, just didn't get them all done Friday and the weekend was just too hectic. I had a stack ready to go but decided to wait for the last 3, so I will go to the post office this afternoon.
No worries Ksea-I had no doubt yours would be out :-) Thank you for the update hope things settled down some.
Hugs
April
Old 04-18-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Originally Posted by ksea
No worries Ksea-I had no doubt yours would be out :-) Thank you for the update hope things settled down some.
Hugs
April
April just wanted to let you know that I think I am going to set out Boom 5. I have so much going right now with the kids moving and hubby getting ready to leave for work here shortly and hopefully I will be able to go with him some. and I still have not put together Boom 3 and the girls want me to do one for each of them from the Boom 4 blocks so I have way too much going on. If it is ok I would love to keep in touch and to keep up with what everyone is doing in 5.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:28 PM

Received block from tolepainter.

It's lovely. Thank you so much

rejenea
Old 04-18-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
If you are in both groups, you may have already read this so just disregard. I am literally pained to have to write this note. I am going to be late with my blocks and I have absolutely NO excuse.
The bottom line is that when I lost my Dad in July I joined this board as I was beginning to learn to quilt, as a kind of therapy, and it was SO helpful. I chatted with the folks on live chat until the wee hours of the morning on those nights I couldn’t sleep, I marveled at all the beautiful quilts for hours at a time and took all the quilt classes I could sign up for at my LQS. Then in December when I lost my mom, it got harder to keep “pulling myself up by the bootstraps” but I did manage to get through Christmas and the holidays. All was going fairly well until all the senior pictures and other graduation preparations for my youngest started. It hit me that my nest was about to be completely empty….no dad, mom or kids to take care of.
So…..when all the swaps opened up in January I joined them ALL! I signed up for BOTH Boomerang Groups, the Round Robin, the Siggy Swap, and started Hosting the Magnet Swap. The plan was to stay SO busy that I wouldn’t get depressed, etc.
Well, what I didn’t know is that there would be days that I could sit on the board all day, chat on live chat pretending that I was doing great but would not be able to actually get anything done at all. I especially didn’t foresee days that I wouldn’t want to get out of bed. So, I finally broke down and went to the doctor recently and am getting some meds that have been helpful. The doctor was very nice in telling me that I should not have expected myself to bounce back….blah…blah…blah but the truth is, I am humiliated and ashamed to have to admit that I have not lived up to what I agreed to do.
I am NOT asking for any sympathy believe me....this is TOTALLY my own fault. What I do need is for anyone who needs their block back in the next week or so to let me know so I can look to see if it is already made or make it and get it sent ASAP. I will be working night and day to get the rest made and do not anticipate any other delays.
I have finished the 56 blocks for the Siggy Swap and they are already packed and ready, the Magnet Swap is doing much better in that everyone for the most part is sending as they said they would, etc. so that is really easy and fun now, and the ladies in my Row Robin group are total dolls plus that row is about done anyway. So....I am putting ALL of my focus on getting ya’lls blocks done.
Again, I am truly sorry for this and promise that it will not happen again. If allowed, I would like to do the next Boomerang swap but only one group this time….LOL ;)
So sorry to hear about all this. I surely understand how difficult all this must be for you. I lost my dear mother last May and don't feel I'm close to being over losing her. I still have many tears to shed whenever a special day comes along that I used to share with her. I can only imagine how difficult this has been because you've lost both your parents in such a short time, along with everything else going on. I too have signed up for too many swaps, wanting to keep busy, etc. The quilters on this board are so wonderful and understanding. I think we all understand your sorrow and would never want to contribute to any stress you are feeling. Please know that I am fine with you getting my block done whenever you can; no hurry or stress, please!!!! Enjoy your daughter's adventures.
Katie Ann
Old 04-18-2011, 07:55 PM

Qbee...God Bless you. It is so hard to lose one parent, but to to lose both...my heart goes out to you. Take care of you, and your daughter.

You don't have to hurry with my block right now.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:17 PM

I finished a block tonight it's going out tomorrow to Karen (I wrote you a little note and then forgot to put it in the envelope before sealing hope you like the print I really loved it and hope it's not too wild for you :-) -
I only had a couple of people who I received f8s later in the swap I had to put you on the back burner while I made my daughters prom gown. It's been a lot of work I'm almost finished but needed a break tonight... I have 1 f8 here (for Tealfalcon I don't have Christmas fabric so I'm still contemplating your block but soon in a day or two) and one coming from Mbogenpohl.
In the last few weeks I have received blocks from
Nurse Bonnie
Goldendog55,
Okdarla,
Karen,
kathyN,

and today from Tolepainter all have been beautiful blocks.