Personal Diaries section

Old 04-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Banned

My issue with PDA is that the wording for general chit-chat and pda overlap - if I am seeking advice - I want the good and the bad - I wouldn't put it out there if I couldn't take it...I got some advice/postings that others may have taken offense to - I didn't I saw it as positive because it made me think....

My POINT in all this - is I try really really really hard to respect the job the volunteers on this free board do. I love coming here and spend way too much time on it BUT I don't like having my posts move - I consider it carefully before I put it up; consider whether I want comments on it or not; and try and respect the rules so I'm not a problem child....this week it seems like I am the problem child with no rhyme or reason - all I got was a PM saying your topics have been moved and then a PM saying they have been merged...and I disagree with both of those actions. I live with them and stop ranting but I do feel like if your going to move something then 1) make sure it really needs to be moved and 2) give an explanation because 99% of us here want to follow the rules; make things easier on the moderators and just have a good time! Sorry - still cranky!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:13 AM

I have so much fun in PDA land, it's hard for me to come to the main board anymore. But I will continue to do so. Thanks for reiterating,Amma. I will continue to encourage members that we have the best board in cyber world and a few things can be overlooked. HUGS♥♥

Pictures can be in PIctures, but also go with some of our regular posts. It's ok.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by pamkasperi
My issue with PDA is that the wording for general chit-chat and pda overlap - if I am seeking advice - I want the good and the bad - I wouldn't put it out there if I couldn't take it...I got some advice/postings that others may have taken offense to - I didn't I saw it as positive because it made me think....

My POINT in all this - is I try really really really hard to respect the job the volunteers on this free board do. I love coming here and spend way too much time on it BUT I don't like having my posts move - I consider it carefully before I put it up; consider whether I want comments on it or not; and try and respect the rules so I'm not a problem child....this week it seems like I am the problem child with no rhyme or reason - all I got was a PM saying your topics have been moved and then a PM saying they have been merged...and I disagree with both of those actions. I live with them and stop ranting but I do feel like if your going to move something then 1) make sure it really needs to be moved and 2) give an explanation because 99% of us here want to follow the rules; make things easier on the moderators and just have a good time! Sorry - still cranky!
BIg hugs to you and hope you feel better soon. I was just reminded I had a topic moved recently and it was merged into my PDA and I was on fire. But I "fixed" it so readers would know why a subject was dropped into the middle of my PDA and then noticed some of the posters found me so now I am ok. Just took a while for it to get straight. Talk about a strange conversation for a while. Maybe move the topics to PDA and not on to the Real PDA's we started ourselves? GOod idea. Hugs . Thanks NP3 for reminding me. I appreciate her feelings too. Been there done that, now enjoying the qb again.

Chocolate is good for the soul. HUGS
[ATTACH=CONFIG]186308[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-186302.jpe
Views:	15
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	186308  
Old 04-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Administrator

1. It is not appropriate to post personal complaints in the public forum.

2. Key words: "General" and "Personal".

3. The rules for each section were carefully crafted with a great deal of care. Member input was requested and considered at the time.

4. If any member has had a particular type of post moved into their PDA more than once, they should (1) appreciate the fact that it was not deleted instead; (2) accept the fact that their decision about where to place it was not based on correct interpretation of policy; and (3) not repeatedly put things in places they have been shown are not correct.

5. It's up to each member to decide whether their PDA is mostly a happy one, or one filled primarily with drama and trauma. Moderators do not make that choice. We simply put things where we know they belong.

Into each life, a little reality must fall. Among those drizzles and droplets of reality is the fact that our desire to tell something to the whole world does not automatically translate to a desire among the whole world to hear it.

The moderators have all been here for a very long time. They know our policies. They are pillars of the community who are familiar with the reason and spirit of our policies. In short - they know what they are doing.

Again ... the public forum is not the proper place for personal complaints.

This matter is truly not open to negotiation or argument.