Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-21-2011, 04:56 PM

Tru, she'll love it.

I love tied comforters! They are so cozy. When we were little my mom would take old blankets and use them as the batting and tie the quilt. I think they feel lofter and warmer than a quilted quilt.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Banned

you are right they do feel lofter and with the minky fleece backing it is so cozy.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:01 PM

I love coming to this thread. Someone either makes me laugh or kicks my butt. Nothing is sacred. I love it. Made me stop wallowing.
I'm so happy about Carol's dog; I'd be more upset losing my dog than losing certain family members.
Tru I love your quilt-bright happy colors; she'll love it.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by SWChick
We would all miss you. You don't want to do that anyway cause you don't want people standing around after the funeral talking about how fat you were. You know how people talk.
EXCUSE ME???????????? :shock: :shock: I am not fat I am a little over weight. As for the suicide I would never give my sister the satisfaction of killing myself and if I did decide to do it I would walk the 500 miles to the SOB house and kill her first. Yes I hate me sister........and rightly so!
If you walked 500 miles you'd lose weight so the entire endeavour is pointless.

Why don't you just burst my bubble?
That also would help you lose weight :D A lot of Schtuff can be put in a bubble :D
Old 04-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by janRN
Tru I love your quilt-bright happy colors; she'll love it.
Thank you it was so out of the box for me with the brights I like calico, CW and 30's repros. I always liked warm wishes but once again I go traditional with flying geese, friendship stars, pinwheels. It was a fun quilt to do and went super fast with both the pattern and tying. I think this will be my go to pattern when I need something that looks like it took a lot of time and didn't.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:50 PM

Try I went to your thread and have read the first 32 pages and will continue tomorrow, later today since its after midnight. I feel like I was right there with you from the posts. I am so sorry that such a thing happened to your daughter, you, your family. You are an extremely strong woman, as is your daughter. I wish I could have been there for uou. I can't imagine that people knowing what had happened and what you were going through could not be bothered to go to the store for the basics for you. I don't know what to call those places where people are going on Sundays but I don't think I would call them churches. The world is not always a pretty place and people have gotten so wrapped up in themselves that many have forgotten how to be human. I thank God you had this board because it seems like they were the only ones you could count on. Come to NM if your son decides to school here. You won't be alone I can promise you that and I will get you to LQSs even if I have to get a horse and buggy. Ree Ann
Old 04-22-2011, 01:43 AM

you guys are to much you make me laugh first thing in the morning thanks fjor helping start my day in the am
Old 04-22-2011, 02:10 AM

Sounds like just the incentive I need to start removing what I have applied to my hips and belly this winter.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SWChick
Try I went to your thread and have read the first 32 pages and will continue tomorrow, later today since its after midnight. I feel like I was right there with you from the posts. I am so sorry that such a thing happened to your daughter, you, your family. You are an extremely strong woman, as is your daughter. I wish I could have been there for uou. I can't imagine that people knowing what had happened and what you were going through could not be bothered to go to the store for the basics for you. I don't know what to call those places where people are going on Sundays but I don't think I would call them churches. The world is not always a pretty place and people have gotten so wrapped up in themselves that many have forgotten how to be human. I thank God you had this board because it seems like they were the only ones you could count on. Come to NM if your son decides to school here. You won't be alone I can promise you that and I will get you to LQSs even if I have to get a horse and buggy. Ree Ann
thank you for your kind words.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:51 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Tru I got a question about your quilting. Do you hand sew your quilts?