Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Don't ask for Dad's help to pack fabric! >

Don't ask for Dad's help to pack fabric!

Don't ask for Dad's help to pack fabric!

Old 04-22-2011, 07:10 AM

Every man I know packs like that. And all the dishes get put into one box unwrapped. My son brought his grandmother's crystal stem ware-wrapped thankfully-- in a box with no lid in the trunk of his car. Fell asleep, rolled the car down a hill, had to be pulled out by a tow truck. Thankfully not hurt. The trunk has to be opened with a screwdriver and not one piece of stemware damaged! Go figure!!
Old 04-22-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by grammy17
Every man I know packs like that. And all the dishes get put into one box unwrapped. My son brought his grandmother's crystal stem ware-wrapped thankfully-- in a box with no lid in the trunk of his car. Fell asleep, rolled the car down a hill, had to be pulled out by a tow truck. Thankfully not hurt. The trunk has to be opened with a screwdriver and not one piece of stemware damaged! Go figure!!
That is amazing! Glad your son was okay, and grandma's stoneware as well; in that order.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
Garlic with no lid? Oh my ... does the fabric now reek of garlic?

What an odd assortment of objects to find together in the same box. Couldn't help but think about the TV show I watched last night about the guys that buy storage lockers and have no clue what could be lurking in the boxes!
I watched that too. Can't believe what they were paying for those, not to even know what they were buying.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
Garlic with no lid? Oh my ... does the fabric now reek of garlic?

What an odd assortment of objects to find together in the same box. Couldn't help but think about the TV show I watched last night about the guys that buy storage lockers and have no clue what could be lurking in the boxes!
Old 04-22-2011, 07:28 AM

Thanks. I enjoyed reading your post. I hope you unpacked that box and with a smile on your face. Actually, I think that some men purposely 'mess up' so that they will never be asked to help again! The upside is that you are probably looking forward to unpacking the boxes he packed and will put that close to the top of your list.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:04 AM

That's how the gov't packs to move military and others. They don't even put the crock pot and the lid in the same box. It's pretty hilarious listening to my kids tell where they find different items. They have learned to clean out all boxes asap.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:07 AM

OMG will you have to wash them all over again? You poor woman. Oh well like you said it is like going to the store all over again. Have fun hunting..I would
Old 04-22-2011, 08:14 AM

Thanks for the laugh!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:23 AM

My FIL packed his house like that and wonders why he couldn't find anything at the other end.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:47 AM

One of our friends, on a military move, got to the new house and discovered a box labeled 'records and weights" yep! You guessed it ..the weights were on TOP. (only a couple records were broken...go figure!)