Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who Uses June Tailor Shape Cut Rulers and Do You Like Them? >

Who Uses June Tailor Shape Cut Rulers and Do You Like Them?

Who Uses June Tailor Shape Cut Rulers and Do You Like Them?

Old 04-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
I have and use several of the june tailor rulers. I just got the wave and scallops ruler to use on my apple core quilt and it works great.
R
Robert, where did you get the scallops ruler??? Missouri Star is always out of it.
Tks
Old 04-22-2011, 08:44 AM

I love mine!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 11:16 AM

Love the June Tailor rulers and use as much as possible (don't use with the true scraps unfortunately!). If you do search in the www.youtube.com site of June Tailor, you get pretty good videos on using the rulers.Believe I got my scallops ruler at JoAnns couple months ago.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:30 PM

I love Mine. Have two sizes. Buy them online JOANNS.COM , GET COUPON ON LINE 40% OFF. i THINK THEY WERE $29.00 FOR LARGE ,PETTY GOOD WITH 40% OFF. lOVE JOANN :-P
Old 04-22-2011, 12:40 PM

love mine I am on my second ruler
Old 04-22-2011, 01:38 PM

How do you use the search??
I believe the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.But I really want to know, do just go on search and the put in a name of what you are looking for, say if someone made a quilt you liked could you find it??
Thanks, Pickle
Old 04-22-2011, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie B
Because of the recent topic about this product on the board. I went to Joann's. I wanted the large one (Shape Cut Pro). The Joann's in my city had closed a few months ago. So not to waste gas I called 3 stores in other towns to make sure that it was in stock. The first 2 told me that they had the 12" in stock, but not the Pro. I called the store in Piqua (which is about 45 minutes away one way) and was told Yes they had the large one. I asked are you sure that its the large Pro & gave the size of the cutter. Was told again yes it's the large one. I drive to Piqua in the rain. My windshield wipers decided to act up (never done that before) with the driver's side going way off the window, and so, my husband got off the freeway & bought pliers at a store to tighten the bolt. I know that you know where this story is heading...finally get to Joann's in Piqua only to find out that it's the 12" cutter & not the Pro. Lady said that she had guessed at the size when on the phone with me. I bought it anyway and it's too short. Even with double folding my fabrics it can be too short. I wish I had gotten the June Taylor Shape Cut Pro.
That sounds familiar. A while back I needed cat food (we only feed a certain brand) and called a store an hour away to ask if they had it. They said they did so I drove an hour one way in the snowy weather and when I got there, they didn't have it. The girl said "I thought we had it" even though I TOLD her I was driving an hour to get it. I was not a bit happy. I ended up having to drive another hour to another town to get it the next day. In the snow. We've since switched brands-it's still an hour drive to get it but more stores carry it so we have more options.

And to keep it on topic. Is there a 1/4" cut ruler that you don't have to fold your fabric over and over to get it to fit? I think the only one I saw was only about 8" wide so fabric would have to be folded 3 times or so (in addition to the original fold).
Old 04-22-2011, 01:47 PM

Yes to both questions. Makes cutting lots of strips easier and quicker.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:38 PM

I've used one for several years. It's the greatest for cutting binding strips. I've also used the diagonal lines to cut out pieces for a Hunter's Star. Then I found that it was great to cut the edges of a fleece blanket for tying - just put a piece of blue tape on the ruler to mark the length of the cut. The individual ties were all the same width and length.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:15 PM

Love it, it saves so much time an is really accurate, even if you are not! How do I know???