If you won the lottery

Old 04-24-2011, 10:14 AM

Buy a smart car, house on5 acres, buy a home close by for son and granddaughter who live with us, take one more trip to China set up annuities for sons and gks and ggk.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:21 AM

I would find the two special nurse's at Rochester Memorial Hospital,that were so kind to my son.He lost his fight with cancer.
These two people are always in my thoughts.
If I won they would win.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:54 AM

I'd rent me a U-Haul and get the H--l out of Ohio buy me a house in Missouri and give this M/H to some one down on their luck -
Old 04-24-2011, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
After picking yourself up off the floor of course LOL, what would be the very first thing you would purchase?
My husband and I have talked about this. After taxes are taken out:
Pay off our mortgage and our sons.
Then, we have to split l/2 hubby and l/2 me.
See, he has different ideas than me and to avoid all the bickering he could do whatever he wants with his half and I can:
Pay my tithe
Give more to my son and his family
Set up trust fund for animal clinics....so many people can not afford to take their pets to the vet; now they could.
Set up different trust funds for our area of the needy. Would like to very much help out our homeless.
As for myself, I do not need much. I am overweight but there are no miracle cures for that. I am pretty much happy the way I am and cannot see wasting money giving it to quacks to improve my appearance.
If there is anything left over I would just put it in the bank for future expenses.....I have no medical insurance.
WOW, now you have me wanting to go buy a ticket. :lol: :lol:
Old 04-24-2011, 11:31 AM

my church would be much larger and wealthier, then my children would all be out of debt, then I would have a house large enough to cuss a cat in .
Old 04-24-2011, 12:52 PM

After buying and supervising a new church building for our congregation, I would give my kids some of the money and then build us a wonderful hugh home somewhere in Hawaii.
Boy, what a dream that would be.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:18 PM

Help to do my grocery shopping and putting everything away for me!
Old 04-24-2011, 01:26 PM

How much am I winning?????

Seriously, if it was a lot, I would give to several charities that are important to me, give to my church, give to family members. I would foster about a zillion underprivileged kids.

I would buy a zillion pencils for the elementary school I work at, plus a couple of reliable pencil sharpeners for each classroom!

Travel - African Safari, Europe and Germany and see where my great-great grandparents are from, New Zealand, Inside Passage cruise of Alaska.

Buy the perfect house in the perfect place - not sure where that would be. Hopefully in mountains or by the beach (maybe on the beach near mountains!!)

Oh, the dreams!
Old 04-24-2011, 01:35 PM

Oh, one more thing! Before my mother passed away, I literally had a recurring dream that I won the lottery. In my dream I bought my mom the cutest, cleanest, most charming house in her little home town. (She never owned a house in her lifetime.) I hired a gardener and housekeeper. Then I went to visit her out of the blue and surprised her with the key to the front door.

I always hated it when I woke up from that dream! Oh what joy that would have been. Now she is living in a palace with her Maker. She finally lives in the home of her dreams.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:38 PM

My mother says: Quilting machine and a frame for my DSIL and me, a ukulele for my sister. I, of course, would make the LGS my first stop. Then, I would buy an RV so us girls could hit the road during the summer. I would repair and remodel the 2nd story of my mom's 150+ year old farm house. (We redid most of the 1st floor several years ago.) I would get Steinway grand pianos for me, my sister, and my church. Of course, I would pay off my brother and sister's morgages. I would build a triplex which would be used as a guest house for now and as homes for me, my brother and sister in law, and my niece when she grows up. We would help take care of her and she would help take care of us! I would try to get on an episode of HGTV's House Hunters International and buy a vacation home someplace warm. I would replace the the pianos in my school district. I would then buy farm land with whatever is left. (If there is any left!)