Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Its snowing again....huge wet snow. >

Its snowing again....huge wet snow.

Its snowing again....huge wet snow.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:50 AM

We've been having to run the AC. Have already broken 100 degrees here in Northwest Texas. That is pretty unusual for us....we've broken records this year.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:23 PM

Seems like the NE has had a never ending winter. Only occassionally do I get nostalgic for a nice snow storm. Hang in there. The 87 degrees we're enjoying in Virginia will woon be heading your way.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:05 PM

We need the rain that others are getting. Having wild fires all around here in West Texas and New Mexico. All we are having is wind and dirt. Not all the unusual for here, but we really need some moisture.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by donnajean
I'd rather be cold than hot, but I'm not looking forward to the extra $ for heating this month. By this time, it is usually no heat or air conditioning needed at all. It would also be nice if PA could give some of this continual rain to TX.
Oh that would be so nice for you to share if you only could. We haven't had rain here where I live since August, and one very light snow, just barely covered the ground. But most of the state is in the same boat. That is why we have been having so many wildfires. We have had l.4 million acres burn since Feb 1, and several fires still burning.We would take any rain we could get, and I really don't like rain, but it is so much better than fires. Many Churches are having prayer services specifically for praying for rain. WE need the rest of the nation to keep us in their prayers. Our son lives between Austin and San Antonio, and usually has rain all the time, but not this year. Several places are beginning to ration water, for lawns and outdoors, , next will be indoors. I really dread that. here are three sites to view just some of the damage caused by these wildfires. (http://s1266.photobucket.com) or( http://theatlantic.com) or
(http://bigbendnow.com). The views from the bigbend is in the area where I live and Alpine is where our daughter lives. They had a big one there actually three altogether there. The largest one came within 2 miles of Alpine. The town of Marfa where the Rockhouse fire started is 26 miles from Alpine, and itis 21 miles from Ft. Davis. That fire still going, went through Ft. Davis and came with 43 miles of the town I live in. These three towns are in the Mountains. We live 100 miles from Alpine, but we live in flat land. Last I heard on this one last week it had burned over 200,000 acres, yes that many zeros.
We had 100back in March. Not sure how hot it was yesterday, but around noon, the therm on my car said it was 101 outside. I'm sure we weill have at least 110 or more this summer with no rain.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:41 PM

Ya'll do need some warm weather, wish i could pip you some sunshine, we have plenty. 84 here today, in NORTH ALABAMA, ya'll can come see us we want care. just bring you'r sewing stuff and come on.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:46 PM

(From a friend in Florida!)

INSTALLING SPRING...
███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.
Install delayed....Please wait.
Installation failed.
404 error: Season not found. Season "Spring" cannot be located. The season you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily
Old 04-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Google Goddess

No No, we are all tired of snow and has been raining alot lately in central Indiana
Old 04-25-2011, 09:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by carolaug
In southern NH...I am sure that are getting much more in Northen NH
Golly, we've got a heatwave!
Old 04-25-2011, 09:30 AM

Ugh ol man winter just won't give up.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:30 AM

It's been snowing off and on here, too -- central Oregon. But it's not sticking...thank goodness!!!