Siggy Swap for 2011

Old 04-25-2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by turtlerouge
Hi Gail, I was thinking of having it open to bet. 100 - 150 people.

if I ever put my last years siggies tegether, they will be same size for this siggy swap to put together.
Chris,

I still have those siggy blocks as well and those blocks were very easy to make (at least I thought so once I got started they were easy and fast to make). However, I am certain we will enjoy whatever you decide.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:52 AM

I may be a bit weird, but red on top, white in the middle, and green on bottom would make for a fun scrappy christmas style quilt. That way the diff shades would make it scrappy but the uniform way it's put together makes it close enough to be a good rail fence. Just a thought :)
Old 04-26-2011, 07:18 AM

How about the friendship star -- signing in the middle. Middle - white; points-a different color; background - even a different color. (red-points,white-center,blue-background)

I would also like to see us use either washed or unwashed material. I never wash mine, therefore, it was a pain for me to wash to strips on this.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:18 AM

I was thinking of Churn Dash, with the center to write in. It's such a great looking block and wonderful in a quilt full. And it can easily be adapted to other sizes.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by lreade
How about the friendship star -- signing in the middle. Middle - white; points-a different color; background - even a different color. (red-points,white-center,blue-background)

I would also like to see us use either washed or unwashed material. I never wash mine, therefore, it was a pain for me to wash to strips on this.
I also would like to see us use either washed or unwashed fabric, I never wash mine either, it means a extra unscheduled trip to the laundramat.

How about a Friendship Star with Scrappy Points. My first experience making a star block was the "Just One Star" Block and I found it relatively easy. The churn dash would be a good block as well.

What if we had a summer swap and a winter swap, then maybe each participate could come up with a quilt design using all the blocks in one quilt. It would not matter if some of the names were the same, if the blocks were different.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:33 PM

Wow, great ideas! Would/could you get me the directions for each of those terriffic ideas?

I like each of those ideas, if you can get me the directions to make it and it has to be easy and fast directions, I'll do it. We can make say, the friendship star for summer and the churn dash for winter then next spring. Hows that sound? The Christmas siggy swap sounds great, I love it!

That idea of hosting a summer and a winter siggy swap, sounds very tempting.

yes, I too am for either washed or unwashed as long as the receiver knows that it isn't ahead of time.

When do you suggest the summer siggy swap start? How many do you suggest it to be open to?
Old 04-27-2011, 01:14 AM

I found a small friendship quilt pattern while searching for the Friendship Star block, it can be found at:

http://quilting.about.com/od/miniatu...dshipquilt.htm

The center is similar to the rail fence and the finished block measures 6 x 6. we could resize it to a finished size of 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 to be the same size as the rail fence if we would like.

What about starting June 1 with blocks mailed by August 1.

Here are two churn dash blocks, one for an album quilt block:

http://quilting.about.com/od/blockof...lbum_churn.htm

http://www.connectingthreads.com/pat..._PD991154.html

This first finished block measures 6 x 6 and the center also resembles the rail fence.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:48 AM

I like the idea of a Christmas Siggy swap.
Maybe we could include an Xmas message along with our siggy's on each block. :D
Old 04-27-2011, 03:13 PM

it is coming together, just keeping coming up with ideas and sizes. How about you all pick 2 blocks for summer and then I'll let you know.

You are doing great with these ideas~! Keep em coming!!!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:24 PM

Hmmm, a Christmas siggy, now that is a wonderful idea. Any ideas what block for Christmas?

Okay, what about the summer block, any ideas of a block or theme?