Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Keepsake Trip >

Keepsake Trip

Keepsake Trip

Old 04-25-2011, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I was surprised at how much the New Hampshire area looked just like Northern AR. It's beautiful. I was overwhelmed when I walked in Keepsakes. The displays and quilts were so nice. I didn't know where to look first. It was one of the best quilt shops I have been in.
I was visiting Boston and Keepsakes wasn't that far away for car drive. My biggest mistake was not going alone. Before an hour was up the online quilters (I had only chatted with online) that planned the trip to meet up with me half way and we all go there were ready to leave and go eat. ? I can eat anytime. They said everything was too expensive for them so we may as well leave. They drove further then I did to go! I was so frustrated, why even go on the trip if all they could do was complain about not having any money! I had to leave with them to get to my car about two hours away. I was rushed so fast I didn't even know there was a big yarn/needlework shop attached! I was leaving the next day so I couldn't go back alone.
The sales people were very nice but were getting rather put out and I was embarrassed how the ones I were with kept saying everything was too expensive for their blood.
I agree. I am a lone shopper...I don't want to be rushed, but neither do I want to stand around while someone else is browsing. Not nice of me, but there it is! I travel at my own pace and don't hurt a soul. Some of us are just natural born lone wolves....and love it!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by vburr
My friend and I are planning a trip to Keepsake just for the annual yard sale. we plan to make a 5 day trip and visit Boston and quilt shops around the area. Any suggestions on where to stay (hotel or B&B is fine) to do day trips to quilt shops near that area? Where is Glens Falls and Queensbury?
Glens Falls and Queensbury are about 45 minutes north of Albany on Rt 4 or you can take the Northway, RT.87. Beautiful, Beautiful area. Hope you get to go there.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:02 AM

There are sew:lol: many wonderful shops to visit in the capital district area...from Lake George to Albany....my favorites are Adirondack Quilting (Glens Falls, NY), Patchwork Passion or Patti's Quilting and Fabrics (Glens Falls, NY), Heirloom Sewing Center (Queensbury, NY), Almost one of a Kind (Ballston Spa, NY),Joyful Quilter (Glenville, NY), Waterwheel House Quilt Shop (Londonderry, VT) and my very, very, very favorite...Norton House (Wilmington, VT). All of these shops are wonderful!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by oma66
Originally Posted by vburr
My friend and I are planning a trip to Keepsake just for the annual yard sale. we plan to make a 5 day trip and visit Boston and quilt shops around the area. Any suggestions on where to stay (hotel or B&B is fine) to do day trips to quilt shops near that area? Where is Glens Falls and Queensbury?
Glens Falls and Queensbury are about 45 minutes north of Albany on Rt 4 or you can take the Northway, RT.87. Beautiful, Beautiful area. Hope you get to go there.
To help you out, that's roughly 225 miles from Boston.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:32 PM

Thanks for all the wonderful information. may have to extend our vacation by a few more days to make it to Glens Fall area!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:55 PM

You are making me wish for summer! We go to VT for the summer and I usually get in 2 trips to Keepsake. I go alone! I spend an hour or so looking through the store, then grab a sandwich at the grocery store next door and rest. Then I feel like shopping! I love KQ!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:59 PM

My friend and I plan a couple trips a year around just quilt and fabric store shopping! We can get into alot of trouble! I am Navy Wife also. My husband retired in 1999 after 27 years of service. My friend's husband is a retired Marine.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:54 PM

Really enjoyed our trip there few years ago found some backing width fabric on sale and picked up some civil war shirting type fabric.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:57 PM

Need to try the Norton House