Cisco-website warning???

Old 04-25-2011, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by duckie
I've been reading the Quilter's Message Board for 2 years and have never encountered this:
When I click on this website, I get a warning from "Cisco" (???) saying this site may contain viruses, phising scams, etc.
Then it asks me if I want to continue or leave.

Anyone else experience this?

Also, I clicked on past message board sites-same thing happens, whereas it has never contained this warning.

I'm confused!
I just had it this AM - have had it lately every morning - it tells me I have a virus and to click on this or click on that and I click on close and go on with my business of reading here. I don't know what it is and like my son, the IT, says, if you don't know who it is from, don't open it! So I don't. Edie
Old 04-25-2011, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Edie
Originally Posted by duckie
I've been reading the Quilter's Message Board for 2 years and have never encountered this:
When I click on this website, I get a warning from "Cisco" (???) saying this site may contain viruses, phising scams, etc.
Then it asks me if I want to continue or leave.

Anyone else experience this?

Also, I clicked on past message board sites-same thing happens, whereas it has never contained this warning.

I'm confused!
I just had it this AM - have had it lately every morning - it tells me I have a virus and to click on this or click on that and I click on close and go on with my business of reading here. I don't know what it is and like my son, the IT, says, if you don't know who it is from, don't open it! So I don't. Edie
I just had to reply! I'm laughing out loud as I read your sayings included in your signature.
I'm gonna pass these on!
Thanks!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:18 PM

Thank you.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by jeaninmaine
With Vista you can just right click under the time, down in the right hand corner of the screen, and a menu will come up with Task Manager in it.
Thanks for that info Jean, I just can't get over how smart we all are and not just in Quilting... I truley learn something everyday
Old 04-26-2011, 01:04 PM

Hi all,
In the past few days I can't access the Quilting Board via the link on my email. My computer security will not let it go through. I can get to the board via the internet. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks
Old 04-26-2011, 01:05 PM

you should contact a moderator or administrator.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Power Poster

I love your little dog!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by roseee
Sorry, I should have said for windows XP use control/alt/delete and that will bring up the task manager.
I have windows xp and just tried right clicking on the taskbar and sure enough, the task manager was listed. I never knew this and always have done the crt/alt/delete thing too.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:09 PM

You can also hit Ctrl Alt and Delete at the same time. That opens up your task manager also. Then just select end tasks.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:17 PM

I have 2 virus scans, both of which run all the time. AVG and then one from the military. I haven't been on here much lately because of surgery but when I opened a new email to long on here, Both caught 3 different viruses and one trojan. When I opened up the board through quilting board.com, it didn't pop up anything. AVG and the military one won't even let me open up anything that it catches. It throws is automatically into a "vault". Also the email I was trying to open it from was hotmail. I tried through comcast, and i didn't have any problems. I have had numerous problems with hotmail and just closed that account.