Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-27-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Well guys I will busy this week, we got the storm in Huntsville,AL from Billy's area. Tornados all day today. My home is 200 yrs old and lucky for us no damage. We did loose two other trees. Glenn
OUCH!!
Old 04-27-2011, 02:56 PM

Hi Billy,

I have just gotten a 15-91 off ebay.... I have found two things that I need!! First is a bobbin case and the second is a light bulb... the shell of the bulb was in the light fixture.. it is a screw in type, can you still get that type? online I have seen but the push in type and is that usable? And what is a reasonable price for a bobbin case?? Thanks so much,

Sharon

Here she is
[ATTACH=CONFIG]190021[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-190015.jpe
Views:	98
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	190021  
Old 04-27-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Hi Billy,

I have just gotten a 15-91 off ebay.... I have found two things that I need!! First is a bobbin case and the second is a light bulb... the shell of the bulb was in the light fixture.. it is a screw in type, can you still get that type? online I have seen but the push in type and is that usable? And what is a reasonable price for a bobbin case?? Thanks so much,

Sharon
I found a light bulb for mine and it was around $3.00. Kathie
Old 04-27-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Good morning, everyone. I have a question...I was given a 15-91 but it does not have the wooden (?) base or case. I don't necessarily want to put it in a cabinet. Is there someone who can make a base for me or where I can buy one? The sweet lady who gave it to me told me that the "coffin top" cases do not work with it.

Any suggestions?

Just recently I noticed some listed on eBay.com so you might want to keep checking, I can't find them atm but don't have a lot of time either. They were made to order and you had a choice of three timbers, but I can't remember the price.

Not a great help as I didn't bookmark the seller, sorry!
Bronwyn ;-)
Old 04-27-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
I think that's probably a good deal, considering what 301s in good condition are going for on eBay now.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Well guys I will busy this week, we got the storm in Huntsville,AL from Billy's area. Tornados all day today. My home is 200 yrs old and lucky for us no damage. We did loose two other trees. Glenn

Hope everyone in a storm area is spared from major damage to family and homes, although the latter is easier to replace.

Bronwyn ;-)
Old 04-27-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Hi Billy,

Sharon
Cute machine, Sharon!! Bobbin cases for the 301s/221s are around $30 or so, I think, so maybe the 15 won't be much more.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
I think that's probably a good deal, considering what 301s in good condition are going for on eBay now.
Soooo...do you want me to get it for you? LOL Just kidding! I know, I know...you already have too many.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:11 PM

Soooo...do you want me to get it for you? LOL Just kidding! I know, I know...you already have too many.
:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: My DH would fall over if another machine showed up in our house!!! LOL

I wouldn't mind finding a FW, though, if less than $125 or so. If it needs help, less than $100 and I'd come get it!! So keep watching your Craigslist! Ours down here is very skimpy...hardly anything worth looking at!!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:12 PM

Do you have a 301?? I don't remember if you do. If not, go buy it for yourself!! You'll not regret it!! :-)