Royal Wedding,

Old 04-29-2011, 02:06 PM

I watched it as well, thought it was beautiful. Too much doom and gloom in the world today, we need a few more fairy tales!

:D
Old 04-29-2011, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by SundarKoyal
Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
I will tape it, and watch later and skip thru all of the commercials. I don't believe in "ROYALTY", they just have a lot more money to spend than I ever will. I want to see how the other half lives.
Just think of all of the poor people they could feed and clothe with all of the money spent on this wedding. 8-)
Yeah, I had heard it was around 32 million for the wedding. You are right, that could feed a lot of hungry people or create jobs. Sure is a lot of money for a 1 day ceremony. Hmmm, makes you think.
There's a lot more to royalty than you give them credit! Our royal family is non-political and brings huge benefits to our country. As far as the royal wedding is concerned, William and Kate have asked for charity donations instead of wedding presents. An estimated 500,000 people are forecast to be in London over this bank holiday weekend, and the wedding is expected to provide a £50 million boost to West End shopping. In this present economic downturn, this is providing jobs for many people, as well as helping many needy people. The benefits the royal family bring to our country far outway their cost, whilst providing pageantry that no other country can match! It really lifts our spirits in a time of austerity cuts! Please don't knock it!
Old 04-29-2011, 03:58 PM

I got up at 2:00 a.m.to watch it and it was well worth it! Loved every bit of it. Put me in the "happy to see love & happiness" camp. I think they are good young people and wish them every happiness.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:02 PM

Oh to be so lucky to marry a prince and to live happily ever after, isn't that the dream. How lucky to be Kate and William. I wish them the best.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:07 PM

I watched it. It came on at 3 this morning here in Oregon. I was going to set my clock for 530am because I thought it was going to be at 6am and just happened to turn to Cnn and it was starting. According to my alarm clock, they were pronounced at 3:20am. Congratulations to them.

Her dress was GORGEOUS. And looked beautiful on her. Didn't they just look lovely together!!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:34 PM

I watched it, too! It was commercial free on Fox News. My DIL DVR'd it for my 4 yo DGD. She was here this afternoon and caught bits of it on the news. She said "there's the princess!!". She LOVES princesses, too.

I thought the wedding was very understated and elegant. I thought it was special that the Queen allowed Kate to wear her tiara that her father gave her at 18! That was very special. I thought her sister's dress was gorgeous, too!! There were 2 "royal cousins" that I just LOL'd about. They were soooo funny!!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:22 PM

I was up until coverage on TV, started here, at 1 am, and watched until the just before the kiss, which is when I fell asleep! Amazing to see an entire country stop everything, to sing the National Anthem! I saw it all, but my favorite was watching the Duchess of Cambridge and her father trying to get into the car for the trip to Westminster (She got in first), and having to fight the dress. I guess the Duke of Cambridge was smarter, he got in the carriage first! Beautiful job of showing the world how a dignified crowd behaves.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:13 PM

I thought it was absolutely wonderful and worth the short night's sleep! Her style is timeless and she brings such grace and beauty to the world. She reminds me of another commoner who ended up as royalty-The incomparable Grace Kelley.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:17 PM

Well Terryl, you're back. LOL I happened to wake up @ 5:51 am for water. They got married @ 6 am (our time).Watched that part only and went back to bed.
Originally Posted by Terryl
One of the ladies down here is organizing a royal wedding pajama party. We're supposed to show up in the club room at 4AM in our pajamas, wearing our fanciest hats!!! Should be a blast. I won't be attending as I have to be at work at 8AM but for Harry's wedding for sure.........LOL
Old 04-29-2011, 10:30 PM

I watched and thought it was beautiful. I think Catherine's dress was styled after Princess Grace's dress. I wish the royal couple a long and wonderful marriage.