Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machines >

Embroidery Machines

Embroidery Machines

Old 04-30-2011, 08:09 AM

I wish I had my Brother back! It is a great machine - did a lot of work. Sold it when I was moving and have regretted it ever since. Brother makes the Bernina and the Baby Lock. I love Brother machines!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:22 AM

I have the Brother Innovis 2800D. It is wonderful.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:33 AM

I'm a Janome fan. I own the 11000 upgraded to SE and also the stand alone 4-needle MB4. I have a very supportive and knowledgeable dealer and serviceman. That's almost as important as the machine itself really. I feel that Janome gives a value for your money. The replacement parts, hoops and extras aren't as pricey as some other lines. There usually is a lot bundled with each machine that some companies expect you to purchase.

Just look around and try them all out. Get a feeling for dealer support and service. Decide what size of embroideries you want to do and then go bigger. You'll always find a design that would be perfect, that just doesn't fit in your hoop!

It's not an inexpensive hobby, but it's a lot of fun, and I don't regret one dollar I've spent. Machine embroidery combined with quilting is wonderful!
Old 04-30-2011, 09:00 AM

Brother makes machines for Babylock, Bernina is a company all to it's self. Pfaff, Singer, and Viking belong to the VSM group.

Originally Posted by gypsylady5
I wish I had my Brother back! It is a great machine - did a lot of work. Sold it when I was moving and have regretted it ever since. Brother makes the Bernina and the Baby Lock. I love Brother machines!
Old 04-30-2011, 09:00 AM

I have the Janome 350e also and love it. Easy to use and not a fussy machine. Pretty much likes all threads.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by jeank
If you stick to any of the major brands you will like it. They are all good. Find a good dealer and purchase her product. I have Vikings.

My warning (from expierence) is be sure you want to spend the money to do embroidery. It is not just the cost of the machine, that is just the beginning. You then need threads, many many threads, stabilizer, different kinds for different projects, and designs. You will need a computer program to arrange, open and download designs from the internet. Many places for free and low cost designs instead of purchasing those very expensive dealer designs.

This is not an inexpensive hobby.

Jean in MI
Amen to that. I have the Viking Diamond and have spent a small fortune on the things you listed.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:26 AM

Husqvarna Viking Rose or Topaz are wonderful embroidery machines. The Rose is more user friendly as it has a full color screen and features that the Topaz doesn't have.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:30 AM

BROTHERS OR BABYLOCK ARE THE WAY TO GO, VERY USER FRIENDLY, NOT AS EXPENSIVE AND GET GOOD RATINGS, BUT THAT JUST WHAT I WOULD GET
Old 04-30-2011, 09:38 AM

Pick a good dealer that you can take learner classes and ask lots of wuestions! Yes it does cost some to start up but you we be doing embr on everything you have in the house even underware! LOL
Old 04-30-2011, 10:32 AM

That quilt is just plain beautiful. I have an embroidery viking SE and never would have attempted something so beautiful. Great Job.