Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machines >

Embroidery Machines

Embroidery Machines

Old 04-30-2011, 07:53 PM

Babylock! They make such great embroideries and the stitching is so even and perfect. Don't buy one that only does a 4X4 inch embroidery. They really limit what you can do with them. Get a good one with several sizes of hoops and you will have so much more ability.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:59 PM

i just added a few of my projects in the photo section, titled embroidery...Donna
Old 04-30-2011, 08:52 PM

Janome MB4
Old 04-30-2011, 10:32 PM

Babylock embroidery machines are the best and the most user friendly
Old 04-30-2011, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Judie
I have a Pfaff Creative Vision 5.5 It is the most wonderful machine ever.. expensive, yes.. but it is a joy to use and is my last machine, so when DH said "go for it", I did. I love this man, and my machine.
I was able to find one, barely used, for less than 1/2 the cost of new...I love this machine. I own 2 Embroidery machines...the CV 5.5 and the Brother Duetta 4500D...I think the Brother does nicer embroidery and is more user friendly. I'd be hard pressed to really 'pick' one.
I love them both.
*Get one with as largest embroidery area that you can afford. That is my biggest hint!!!
K
Old 05-01-2011, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by donnacollierbess
I'd love to hear and see any embroidery projects. So far I've been working on dish towels I got from the dollar store. I did put a name on a golf shirt but it wasn't easy. Ideas anyone?
Right now I am working on burp lothes and bibs
Old 05-01-2011, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mary L Booth
Originally Posted by Krystyna
My husband bought me a Baby Lock Sofia 2 for Christmas and I can't tell you how much fun I'm having with it. I've made quilt blocks, t-shirts, and the possibilities are endless. It only has a 4x4 hoop and I initially thought that the size would limit me, but unless I'm going to do tapestry wall hangings or something (NOT) it is just fine. I love it.
I have the Brother 700 and the Design lite software so I can download designs. I have made a few embroidery quilts and love how it adds to the quilt. Here is one you can see
All i can say is WOW Stunning quilt!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:13 AM
JJC

Originally Posted by grammysharon
I have an 830 and just use it for little home projects, nothing major yet. Unfortunately, they are expensive. My husband encouraged me to buy one as a retirement gift to myself :thumbup:
Wow, how wonderful. I surely would love to have one of them!

Enjoy your new Bernina 830!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:55 AM

When I went out to buy my first embroidery machine, I looked at the Bernina -because of the stitch regulator feature. It was a beautiful machine but way beyond my price range. My best friend had a Brother Innovis 2500, so that's the one I looked at and fell in love with. ( She now has a quattro 6000D - that has so many bells& whistles & videos that it talks to you....weird)

My machine came with a lot of good tools and I received two huge selections of threads and bobbins. Eight years and literally 28 million stitches later, it is still going strong. I get it professionally cleaned and serviced every 5 million stitches. It's a work horse.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinNsmilin
When I went out to buy my first embroidery machine, I looked at the Bernina -because of the stitch regulator feature. It was a beautiful machine but way beyond my price range. My best friend had a Brother Innovis 2500, so that's the one I looked at and fell in love with. ( She now has a quattro 6000D - that has so many bells& whistles & videos that it talks to you....weird)

My machine came with a lot of good tools and I received two huge selections of threads and bobbins. Eight years and literally 28 million stitches later, it is still going strong. I get it professionally cleaned and serviced every 5 million stitches. It's a work horse.
How do you count the stitches? . ?