Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmart is selling fabrics ONLINE! >

Walmart is selling fabrics ONLINE!

Walmart is selling fabrics ONLINE!

Old 04-28-2011, 09:30 PM

It doesn;t matter whether your shopping for food-clothing- shoes or household goods or even your fabric you always go where you get the best quality for your dollars whether its Kohls or W/M But there is a saying -Don't knock it til you try it-
Old 04-28-2011, 09:39 PM

So I don't want to join in on the fight about whether or not to shop at Walmart. I'm not going to bash them or my lqs.

So I decided to go to Walmart tonight. I picked out 3 different fabrics. All thick, nice cotton. I was happy with the quality of all of them. And all 3 of these pieces were online as well (I went in specifically looking for them). For the first time in as long as I can remember I rang the bell and someone came within seconds! It was about 9 pm. I figured I had no chance that late. But the gal that came was quite happy and friendly. When she cut my fabrics she cut them all with a couple of extra inches. the last piece was a checkered print. She not only gave me a couple of extra inches but then she lined up the fabric to cut on the edge of the print, so nothing was cut off. It was a very pleasant walmart shopping experience!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:43 AM

Wow, what a way to save on gas, except I live about 2 blocks away from Wal-Mart. Yes, a lot of their fabric is thin and cheap looking, but some is not. I don't think I would order any of it online.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
So I don't want to join in on the fight about whether or not to shop at Walmart. I'm not going to bash them or my lqs.

So I decided to go to Walmart tonight. I picked out 3 different fabrics. All thick, nice cotton. I was happy with the quality of all of them. And all 3 of these pieces were online as well (I went in specifically looking for them). For the first time in as long as I can remember I rang the bell and someone came within seconds! It was about 9 pm. I figured I had no chance that late. But the gal that came was quite happy and friendly. When she cut my fabrics she cut them all with a couple of extra inches. the last piece was a checkered print. She not only gave me a couple of extra inches but then she lined up the fabric to cut on the edge of the print, so nothing was cut off. It was a very pleasant walmart shopping experience!
Good to know that at least some of the online fabrics are good quality. It's also nice to hear about good customer service where ever we find it. Thanks for reporting back! Happy sewing!!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:27 PM

Jaci, you are so right on the quality of fabric from walmart. Our store here in eastern Oregon still has fabric, both bolts and precuts. The precuts are VERY poor quality, and seeing the online fabrics, which is the same as we have, I would never suggest purchasing it.. So very thin, and not worth a penny, let alone the price .. Some of the bolts are not bad in our store, but again, you can't finger, or hold up to see if you can look right thru it online..

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
trouble is, from the precuts and kits I have seen in the stores, I would not waste my money on buying these online....especially since you can not touch them and see just how really BAD they are..
Old 04-29-2011, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
The guns will never come back to New York, unfortunately. Not as long as Carolyn McCarthy can still take a breath.
:You ought to be glad. In Texas every nutcase in the state can pack heat and shoot you if you make a mistake driving
froggyintexas
Old 04-29-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rose L
I can't believe it! They really are selling fabrics online. So far they have 2yd precuts, lots of kits for aprons, baby quilts, soft baby books, precut yo-yos and more. They even have fleece and some cotton pieces in 60"-1 1/2 yd cuts. Check it out...put crafts in the Walmart search bar!
well i went to my wallie world and found three in shades of brown and a green.. perfect for a strip quilt for my daughter.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:29 AM

Dear Ladies-I realize that with the economy and our American dollar buying less, I am faced with similiar challenges, but,let's consider our local quilt store owners-they are struggling to provide us with products, classes, and customer service. My local gal, 30 miles away has gone out her way to help the crafters in our area. WalMart here does not carry fabric, here and a few notions, and FORGET customer service. Not to be a wet blanket, ladies, but just another perspective.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:06 PM

It's a very competive world and I'm trying to make my dollars go as far as I can make them go. If I can't make my purchases at Neiman Marcus anymore then I'll have to go to Orbachs. Same with independently owned stores or the big chains. Or do I have to stop buying fabrics to continue with my most enjoyable hobby that's right up there with knitting?
Old 05-01-2011, 04:46 PM

Our Wal-Mart use to sell cloth,then discontunied it.Does that mean I can still have my order to that store?