Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
warm and natural batting question >

warm and natural batting question

warm and natural batting question

Old 04-30-2011, 11:10 AM

I was shocked to realize that Warm and Natural isn't 100% cotton! I totally misread the package. I guess I'll be switching battings again since I really want to reduce the number of chemicals in my life. They are everywhere!
Old 04-30-2011, 12:59 PM

I found Warm and Natural for a queen size at Jo-Ann's this week for $14.99. You might want to check that.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:49 PM

I used to use warm and natural with cotton fabric and cotton thread. My daughter's started on fire in her microwave. Luckily it was a portable one and she carried it outside of her apartment. I now use the tater batting.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:37 AM

I have used 100% cotton thread, fabric and warm and natural and never had a problem.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:04 PM

I used cooton batting. wash and dry the potato, cor,etc and wrap in a paper towel. Don't nuke for more than 4 minutes at a time. If not done nuke again. Never had a problem.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

I've seen instructions and they call for warm and natural.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:00 PM

If you buy the all cotton Warm and Natural Needled Cotton Batting is all cotton.

The Warm Company has several types, Warm & White, Soft & Bright, Soft & Black, Insul-Bright, Steam A Seam, Beads 2 fuse, Soft Stuff,
Warm & Natural Quilted Muslin and Warm Window.

This is not an advertisement for the Warm Company. It just so happens that I use Warm & Natural Needled Cotton Batting for all my quilts, including crib quilts. Cotton Batt that does not beard is the safest batting you can use, especially for crib quilts. I feel the polyester battings have more potential for burning than cotton. Most all purchased crib blankets are filled with Polyester batt. It melts when burned, cotton smolders. Guess it is a personal choice.

They also have a blend.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rettie V.Grama
If you buy the all cotton Warm and Natural Needled Cotton Batting is all cotton.

The Warm Company has several types, Warm & White, Soft & Bright, Soft & Black, Insul-Bright, Steam A Seam, Beads 2 fuse, Soft Stuff,
Warm & Natural Quilted Muslin and Warm Window.

This is not an advertisement for the Warm Company. It just so happens that I use Warm & Natural Needled Cotton Batting for all my quilts, including crib quilts. Cotton Batt that does not beard is the safest batting you can use, especially for crib quilts. I feel the polyester battings have more potential for burning than cotton. Most all purchased crib blankets are filled with Polyester batt. It melts when burned, cotton smolders. Guess it is a personal choice.

They also have a blend.
The Warm and Natural and Warm and White is NOT 100 percent cotton , the fiber contents on the package state 12.5 % poly 87.5% cotton. The web site states that 100 % cotton fibers a punch through a thin base, that base is poly.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:18 PM

Have had Warm and Natural, as well as another name brand cotton batting burn in gifted potato bags. Use the new batting intended for potato bags! Hard to get smell out of microwave.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:24 PM

Ive heard the tato bags batting are made without chemicals..So when heated it could really make a difference I think.