Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost my fabric and my mind! >

Lost my fabric and my mind!

Lost my fabric and my mind!

Old 05-02-2011, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by ScrappyAZ
Where is my solid dark green fabric? I remember buying it, washing it, ironing it and putting it with the other fabrics for a specific project. Today, I spent over two hours looking for that darn fabric. All the other fabrics are where they should be except for the green. Where did it go? I feel like I've totally lost my mind.
I think if you can buy some more.....it doesn't count as lost! Lost is when you lose fabric that is old enough to be unavailable no matter what you try....and of course, it's the ONLY fabric that will do for the quilt you're about to start!!!!

Seriously, I have some dark green solid---not sure now much---and I'll be glad to sell it to you really cheap if you need it. PM me and I'll measure it. Bought a bunch of solids for 3 coordinating quilts and hated making the first one so much that the rest of the fabrics are just sitting there together...
Old 05-02-2011, 01:15 PM

Well, I'm glad it is bigger than stockings. My ex husband came home one day after inspection and said the captain stopped and asked, "Chief, what is that crawling out of your trouser leg?" Oh boy, I was in trouble, but I had to hurry to the bathroom to laugh !!! He had no humor. It'll show up, look under the folded towels, or stored curtains, something like that. Blessings, Ruth
Old 05-02-2011, 01:38 PM

Good luck. I've been doing the same thing--hunting!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:40 PM

Hope you find it soon. It is in a safe, secret place and will jump out at you when you have given up and substituted something in its place. Mine always does that! Grrrrrrrr
Old 05-02-2011, 02:19 PM

If you buy more to replace it, you will find it! Works every time!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:35 PM

recehck where you've already looked 9 out of ten times it is where you have already looked, thats where my keys always are, even if i have looked there numerous times
Old 05-02-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie
Originally Posted by cdobbert40
Maybe the green fabric is with my drivers license and debit card. They walked off the canister in the kitchen sometime between Friday night and Saturday morning.
Tried to bribe a traffic cop, didn't ya! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kitsie you are too funny.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:49 PM

This thread has been great to read. Definitely laughing here as I'm soooo glad to find out I'm not alone. Once bought several cards for the upcoming birthdays, anniversaries, etc. and got home from the store and they were gone, I tell you just plain gone. Called Walmart and asked them if a bag with just cards in it was left at the checkout or found in a cart and they checked around the checkout area, asked all the cashiers and said that no, they hadn't found them, but if I would come in by the next day, they would give me a credit for the total amount of the cards on my receipt. Was putting away groceries and opened a drawer to put away the aluminum foil I'd just bought and there was the bag with the cards in it. Oh yeah, that's right, son walked into the kitchen when I started unpacking the groceries and since one of the cards was his, I threw them in the drawer so he wouldn't see them. Needless to say I didn't go back to Walmart for the credit.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:21 PM

For me it is my 'age', there is always something in my house, usually quilting/sewing related, that I am looking for. Then at the most unexpected time--it shows up. The joys of advancing age I put the blame.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:22 PM

Ive had this happen...