Going back to school

Old 04-27-2011, 02:55 PM

I went back late (got my BS at 37 and Masters at 43) and it was much easier than I expected. It seems that all the "life experience" that we have really does help!!!! Good luck, and if it isn't really high level math....write on the board and I'm sure somebody'll give you good advice!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:56 PM

Congratulations April. You go girl !!!

Will you still be putting time in at work?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:06 AM

April,
After getting married and leaving high school at 16, I went to a community college at 41 and got an A.S. in 15 months. Although it is a little odd to return to a classroom, it was much easier than I thought. Teenage issues are no longer a problem -- boyfriend problems, disagreements with parents, undependable car, etc. And I finished top in my class. :D
Best of wishes to you! Looking forward to hearing of your successes.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:12 AM

I went back to school 2 years ago (I am 53) and after working in accounting for 20+ years, I placed in beginning math LOL. I had to start all over and yes, I have struggled. I had a 4.0 GPA until I hit Intermediate algebra. It's tough, I still have one more math class after the one I am just now finishing. Good luck, enjoy your classes, I am betting you are going to love it. I know I do.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:19 AM

Congrats on the placement exams. What degree are you going for? Have you decided what college you are going to?
Old 05-02-2011, 04:22 PM

Yup I will still be working full time while going to school so it will be slow going but I can and will do this :thumbup:
I am going for my Bachelor's in Business with a concentration in Finance. I have run the credit union I work for for 7 years now as their financial officer and the assets have grown and we have positive ROA and a good capital asset ratio so I must be doing something right lol Now to have the paper to back it I guess :-)
Hugs
April
Old 05-02-2011, 04:50 PM

Years of experience will help you greatly! Go for it :)
Old 05-02-2011, 05:45 PM

I got a BA Ed in '58, taught kindergarten one year, had two girls and stayed home with them doing Brownies, Girl Scouts, room mother, band boosters, swim team boosters; you know about that stage. Then at age 38 went to law school commuting every day. Graduated with JD the same year older DD graduated from HS. The kids and DH really pitched in and picked up the slack at home. Practiced law for close to fifteen years, the last ten in the Public Defender's Office. DH referred to me as his early retirement plan.

I'd always dreamed of being Perry Mason and loved it even though no one ever stood up in the back of the court room shouting "I did it." Drat the luck. It was a burn out job but I was good at it and loved it.

Jane
Old 05-02-2011, 06:15 PM

Way to go April!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Well test is over phew!! I aced parts of the placement test and others I need some refreshing in so I am happy :-) I am now registered to start my program :-) Thank you all for the well wishes and encouragement. I will keep you updated on my progress.
Hugs
April
That is awesome! Remember, knowledge is power! :thumbup: