Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost my fabric and my mind! >

Lost my fabric and my mind!

Lost my fabric and my mind!

Old 05-02-2011, 06:02 PM

I love this thread too....makes me feel like I'm not the only one losing my mind. I lost a denim fabric once...I had it all picked out (in my mind)for a birthday gift..the perfect color, perfect weight...I couldn't find it, had to use another fabric. I think it had to be 6 months to a year before it showed up and I just stared at it! It was in a reasonable place, I couldn't believe I didn't find it! But it does seem weekly I can't find something that "...should be right here!"
Old 05-02-2011, 06:02 PM

I tore my sewing room apart looking for a pattern for a kids crayon bag. I KNEW that I had bought it but after two days of looking for it, gave up, figured I was losing it and that I had not bought it after all. You guessed it,,,soon as I bought the new one, I found the first one right where I put it so I would be able to find it easily.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by LINDA CATLEGE
So good to hear I'm not alone. Went to the doctor last week, of course he asked how I'm feeling, how is this or that medicine working for you? as he was looking at my medicine chart, me I say fine no adverse side affects that I know of. He laughs, say probably not since you haven't ordered any of your medicine in 5 months. I have to personally request them every month. Time does fly.
LOL now this sounds familiar, don't you just hate having to
go through all that of asking for your meds each month :-D
Old 05-02-2011, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Been there, done that and still looking for the fabric. Have convinced myself I must have used it all.

"Of all the things I have lost in my life, I miss my mind the most." ~anon.
My favorite:

"I've lost my mind. It's a small loss, but I miss it."

Deby
Old 05-02-2011, 06:39 PM

i AM MAKING A QUILT AND HAD TO CUT THE BORDER FABRIC FIRST BECAUSE THE REST OF THE FABRIC WAS TO BE CUT INTO ODD SHAPE PIECES AND I WANTED TO BE SURE TO HAVE THE CORRECT SIZES FOR THE BORDER. I HAVE SPENT A WHOLE MONTH LOOKING FOR THOSE BORDERS. MY HUSBAND HAS EVEN BEEN HELPING ME. I AM ABOUT GOING NUTS. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
I'M SEW BUSY
Old 05-02-2011, 07:02 PM

I do this sort of thing so often, I ask the Lord to please open my eyes to see whatever I am looking for. So many times, the looked for item is right there, I am just not seeing it. God is faithful and He is good ALL the time.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:46 PM

I can't find my pattern the one that I was going to work on. So you'r not alone. Hope you 'll find it.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:48 PM

I am convinced that somewhere in the remotest wilderness, as far away from anything as you can get, is a great big pile of missing stuff. This pile is tended by evil gnomes (like the ones from Harry Potter) and they occasionally have pity on us and swap them back to us, just to make us believe that we are truly losing our minds! :-)
Old 05-02-2011, 09:02 PM

You all are just too funny - I love how u make me LOL
Old 05-02-2011, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by ScrappyAZ
Where is my solid dark green fabric? I remember buying it, washing it, ironing it and putting it with the other fabrics for a specific project. Today, I spent over two hours looking for that darn fabric. All the other fabrics are where they should be except for the green. Where did it go? I feel like I've totally lost my mind.
Don't you hate when someone starts a game of hide and seek and doesn't tell you. lol. By the way you're it. :)