Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-03-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
I also did not get a Pm to introduce myself so I will do it now.

I will be 47 on the 13th of this month. Have been quilting now for about 12 years and have pulled my mother into quilting and she has pulled me into machine embroidery. I have been divorced now for 3 yrs after a 20 year marriage. I have 2 grown sons, ages 26 and 23 and a daughter in law, no grandchildren as of yet, just a grandpup. I have a teacup Chihuahua named Lucy who loves to check out my quilts and see it they will keep her warm.

I am also living with my parents, we have convertered their garage into an apartment for me so I have my own place. I moved home to help them out when mom got sick a couple yrs ago. So now we are helping each other.

As for my weight loss, I need to take off about 50 to 60 lbs total, but my goal is about 5 to 10 lbs a month. I am diabetic with a fatty liver so having to make diet changes to be limited fats and low carbs.

Thanks MJ for coordinating
Missy best of luck on your weight loss to get to your goal for your surgery.

and good luck to all who are participating and those who joined after the cut off.

Cindy
Dallas, TX
Thank you so much Cindy! I am glad to know that there are others that also live with their parents. :)

Missy
Old 05-03-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Originally Posted by purplemem
And number 51:

51. Quiltgranny

Welcome! We hope you do well.
Thank you, Purplemem,

I am in my 50's, been on disability since 93 for a variety of autoimmune diseases, and my DH and I are both each others caregiver as he has a rare type of cancer.

I've sewn all my life, so it seemed a natural move to start quilting several years ago. I won my first blue ribbon with my first ever entry last summer in our local county fair.

Married for 26 years, two sons and 8 grandchildren who all live states away. :-( I also love to read, play Scrabble and learn from others on this forum.

Best of luck to all participants. :thumbup:
Oh I am so sorry to hear that your DH has cancer and that you are dealing with illnesses too! Hang in there!

Missy
Old 05-03-2011, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

I will introduce myself as a middle aged but young thinking lady who needs to loose some weight. I am diabetic so loss weight is very important for my health. I was doing great but then hit a brick wall. Havent lost any weight in past month. I hope by joining in with others on the same journy we will all help each other and suceed in our challenge.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:01 AM

I also did not get a Pm to introduce myself so I will do it now.

I will be 47 on the 13th of this month. Have been quilting now for about 12 years and have pulled my mother into quilting and she has pulled me into machine embroidery. I have been divorced now for 3 yrs after a 20 year marriage. I have 2 grown sons, ages 26 and 23 and a daughter in law, no grandchildren as of yet, just a grandpup. I have a teacup Chihuahua named Lucy who loves to check out my quilts and see it they will keep her warm.

I am also living with my parents, we have convertered their garage into an apartment for me so I have my own place. I moved home to help them out when mom got sick a couple yrs ago. So now we are helping each other.

As for my weight loss, I need to take off about 50 to 60 lbs total, but my goal is about 5 to 10 lbs a month. I am diabetic with a fatty liver so having to make diet changes to be limited fats and low carbs.

Thanks MJ for coordinating
Missy best of luck on your weight loss to get to your goal for your surgery.

and good luck to all who are participating and those who joined after the cut off.

Cindy
Dallas, TX
Well,I just jumped in too.I think everybody should.A paragraph snapshot of our lives give us all an idea of who we are,kinda like having a cup of coffee at purplmem's house chit chatting.Better than not knowing anybody,or anything about any of us.I like the idea very much,as I'm new here too.There's 53 of us I think total.And we're all in the same boat now.And am sure more will join in.So,this is a great way to get to know one another.I'm glad purplemem did it.Will break the ice a lot faster so we can get down to business and lose weight.And I know you can do it.I've went from 250 to 160,but gained 15 back,so not good.time to do something.I've worked too hard,too long,to do that to myself again.Best of luck to you too
Old 05-03-2011, 07:05 AM

Missy......I believe that family needs to stick together and care for one another.

I am a respiratory therapsit who see every day at work, the number of patients who are there that never have one visitor the whole time they are in the hospital. I for one ache for them.

I am grateful that I am in a situtation to be able to help my parents. They are also a big help to me. Since I work long days 13 plus hours, they are taking care of my Lucy the chihuahua.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:10 AM

Since I work long days 13 plus hours, they are taking care of my Lucy the chihuahua.
Your Lucy is beautiful. My parents would babysit my Joey when I would work long days. Chihuahuas need love all the time.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:19 AM

Missy......I believe that family needs to stick together and care for one another.

I am a respiratory therapsit who see every day at work, the number of patients who are there that never have one visitor the whole time they are in the hospital. I for one ache for them.

I am grateful that I am in a situtation to be able to help my parents. They are also a big help to me. Since I work long days 13 plus hours, they are taking care of my Lucy the chihuahua.
You and your parents sound like good people! :)

Missy
Old 05-03-2011, 07:27 AM

MJ - My Lucy is so spoiled by her grandpa.....he will go and buy ribs for her. Gives her anything she wants. She loves to pester him to play with her and he cant refuse. Get the laser light going and she loves it.

Well i am heading out to physical therapy now for my shoulder. Then I am going to go check out the park down from the house for walking around for my exercise.

Have a great day
Old 05-03-2011, 08:25 AM

Hi Everyone,
Hope you adventure of dieting is going well. I have been dieting most of my life and am feeling pretty defeated. Last week I was introduced to the Made To Crave book. It adds the spiritual side of dieting to the exercise and eating healthy sides. It is really helping me so I wanted to share it with you all in case someone would be interested. The website is madetocrave.org. I love the book it is empowering and gives a whole new side to the food addiction. I order the dvd it will be here Friday.
Anyway God bless you all as you try to become healthy. Have a great day taking care of yourself. Remember You are made for more.
Brenda
Old 05-03-2011, 09:23 AM

Hello everyone. I've enjoyed reading everyone's information and getting to know some of you a little better. I hope you all are having a good day. I had a weight watcher meal for lunch. My favorite is their turkey and mashed potatoes. It is really good. I like WW meals, as they have flavor, where as some of the diet meals have no flavor at all. WW just has very small portions, but that is the point. I had a sugar free chocolate pudding cup as my dessert. As always, water to drink. I'm about to do my PT home exercises for my knee. Hugs to all, Sandy