Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need opinions about fabric quality from Connecting Threads >

Need opinions about fabric quality from Connecting Threads

Need opinions about fabric quality from Connecting Threads

Old 05-03-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by jacqstash
Hi - I have ordered from them a couple of times, but was not that happy with the quality - thin and stiff - OK for charity quilts. I think I would keep searching quilt shops for good quality material - especially for a wedding present!
This gift is actually for a wedding shower gift and not a wedding present. (Although, I suppose that really doesn't matter!) I'm not invited to the wedding because it's a very small destination wedding and the resort only holds so many people. The reason I wanted to make her a quilt is because her Mom is a very dear friend from church who has helped me out soooo many times. And while I want the fabric to be decent quality, I can't afford to pay the prices I saw at like fatquartershop.com and a few other places people recommended. I'm just trying to find something better quality then what I saw locally but try to keep it affordable. Time will tell though. Once I get my samples, I'll know better what to do. Thanks for your help! Sorry, this posted twice and I don't know why. OOPS!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:19 PM

I have placed orders with them a lot. I have never been disappointed in any of their fabrics. I find the quality to be very good.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:18 PM

Well Sandi, did you like the fabric you ordered??
Old 05-03-2011, 07:04 PM

I ordered from them for the first time this winter nad when my material arrived, I was extremely happy with the fabric. I will be ordering again from them when I need more fabric. Very fast service also.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:46 PM

If you aren't satified with connecting threads. There is a new quilt store in Quincy you might call and check what she has. A to Z Quilting.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:11 PM

I buy from them often and have never been disappointed in the quality.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by insgal62
I am getting ready to start a very large quilt as a wedding gift for my friend's daughter. Her Mom recommended the colors to be black and grey to match the new comforter set she had purchased for them. Then they would place my quilt neatly folded at the foot of the bed.

I spent days looking for fabric only to be hugely disappointed not only in the lack of choice in grey and black tone on tones. But what little I could find was extremely poor quality fabric. Very thin and crappy. I spent hours looking online and came across two of the three fabrics I need for this quilt at Connecting Threads.com Customer Service told me they manufacture all their own fabrics. Has anyone been ordering from them and if so . . . how did you like the quality of the fabric? I need 15 yards of one particular fabric and I would hate to order that much and be stuck with something that was poor quality. I'd love to hear your feedback!

Thanks everyone! Sandi
You need to make up your own mind about it. Order the smallest amount of the fabrics you like and see it, feel, it and then decide. I have ordered from them and have always been happy but YOU have to please YOURSELF.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:09 AM

I have ordered from them and found the fabric very nice and also the thread
Old 05-04-2011, 02:40 PM

I posted yesterday that I wrote to CT and said that I would post their reply here as soon as I received it.

Well, let me tell you, their customer service is right on the ball.
I wrote at 5:30 yesterday and it was before 1:15pm today that I received the following answer.

Dear MaryJane,

Unfortunately, there are no large working textile mills in the US. So it is common practice among all fabric companies to have fabric made outside of the United States. In the past we have used manufacturing plants in India and Mexico. Our current fabric collections are made in Mexico, Indonesia, and Korea. The pricing reflects savings to you as there is still no "middle people", and we deal directly with our manufactures. We are an American company and still have our main headquarters and customer service call center in Vancouver, Washington and our warehouse in Columbus, OH.

Sincerely,

Melissa
Connecting Threads Customer Service
Phone: (800) 574-6454
Old 05-04-2011, 03:22 PM

Personally, I don't care for it. I bought a tote bag kit from them and although reasonably priced, it ravelled like crazy.