Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you met a new friend through the Board? >

Have you met a new friend through the Board?

Have you met a new friend through the Board?

Old 05-07-2011, 03:47 PM

Have met Carrie (CJOmomma) in Paducah on a FART. We hit it off really well I thought & her hubby even remarked that we seemed like we had known each other before. It's amazing how much you have in common with so many other quilters. I've also met AJSmith & she lives close to me. We have done a fart or two together & a sewing class in the beginning. I am in desparate need of getting to see her again as we need another get away for the day. Her & I talk on the phone & text message each other daily. She is like a daughter I never had but even more. I don't know of 2 people that laugh & carry on like we do (as a mom & daughter duo). But the every day inconviences get in my way there fore I don't see her as much as I'd like to. I'd love to spend more time with both of them. I met a Marie in Paducah this year but didn't actually get to talk to her since I was already in a jaw jabbering contest with 5 other ladies! She recognized me by my bag, my money bag! And I have several others that are close by I hope to meet. Just in time........
Old 05-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

Not yet on this board, maybe because I stand back, kinda shy. I live in so ca and seems not so many here. Have met a really nice lady from mich. thru ebay, she is quite a friend even though there are many miles between us and we have not been able to meet in person. She is a sewer- quilter and loves the old singers.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:48 PM

I met MrsPete last year online and we have spoken by phone, even planned a trip to see her but had to cancel. I am still planning to meet her. I still have fabric scraps for her.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
Several months ago I met Akrogirl on this board. We had several things in common and found that we both lived in AZ. We have met several times for lunch and are enjoying a new-found friendship thanks to the Board. Has anyone else met a Board member and developed a friendship?
GM has been a wonderful source of support as I go through my chemo, so I feel very fortunate to have met her and really enjoy our lunch time get togethers. We also found that we have another quilting friend in common, so small world :-)
Old 05-07-2011, 05:00 PM

yes I have a friend that I met on the board, we go for breakfast sometimes. Where in AZ are you from, I'm from Tucson
Old 05-07-2011, 05:23 PM

Hi There! I also am form Niles, Ohio.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:15 PM

Yes, I met Sue from Virginia. We e-mail and talk on the phone . She is a very special lady. I wished we live closer and visit in person and just hang out and do some quilting together. Thanks Sue.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by xsquilter
I've not met anyone IRL, but sure have met a lot of wonderful people in the cyber world!
Okay, I'm curious, please, what is FART? in the quilting world that is! I'm a nurse & know all too well what it is in the medical field!!!!
And then, QuiltE, you mentioned F2F, what is that?!
Maureen
Well, I think you have the IRL figured out ... at least in context yours makes sense!

FART = Fabric Acquisition Road Trip!!! :)
(and yes, MamaBear had me ROTFLMAO for this one)

F2F = Face to Face!!!

Edit .... whoops sorry, didn't read thru all the posts to see that the wise MamaBear had caught these for you!) :oops:
Old 05-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DeeBooper
Looking forward to my first event on the 21st with many people from here. See you all soon in Waterloo!!!! Thanks for setting it up, Shirley!
There's a whole bunch of us that could meet y'all in Waterloo on the 21st

....................................... that is Waterloo, ONTARIO! :)
Old 05-07-2011, 06:56 PM

I met grma33 (Gale) on the board last summer. We now go to the same Guild and usually go together for supper before meetings. We have been on a couple of bus trips together and have become good friends. She is a warm, generous person and I am happy to have met her.