Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilter's Club of America called me today >

Quilter's Club of America called me today

Quilter's Club of America called me today

Old 05-08-2011, 04:11 PM

After you tell them NO 2x and they still insist, just lay the phone down and walk away leaving them there talking to theirselves, it sure messes up their agenda.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:31 PM

I had a phone call that I had been selected to receive $50,ooo, asnd not pay it back until I sold my house. I asked her what I would do with the money, and she said anything I'd like.
Then she told me I could travel (where would I go?)anywhere you want,I couldpay off my car ( but my car is paid for), I could pay down my mortage (I don't have a mortage). Every time she came up with an idea I had an answer. She finally asked me if she could put me on hold, and she promptly hung up. No further calls from that company. It was fun to mess up their day.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:55 PM

I hate telemarketeers, and when I tell them I am not interested in their product and they try to keep on. I just simply ask them "What part of N O is it that you do not understand" and then I hang up.

I once heard that a lot of these people are in prison and rec. pay for making these calls. Have no idea if this is so or not, but it is scary to think it might be and that they may have my phone number. I have caller I.D., but it often shows up as unavailable. The only reason I answer it then is because when our son calls in on our 800 number it shows up as unavailable. If I can detect the number I just don't answer.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:08 PM

I am with you there! Magazine subscription callers call months ahead and I tell them no, I had a special once and will look for it again !
Old 05-08-2011, 05:14 PM

Clark Howard says to always check each and every item on your bills and phone bills especially. Some people never learn to type correctly and put items on anybodys bill!!
Old 05-08-2011, 06:30 PM

I always ask, "What part of no are you not understanding...the n or the o!" and then I hang up!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:01 PM

I am sorry you had a bad experience. I've had my share of those also. However my experience with QCA was very nice. I explained to the young woman who called that I was downsizing and just couldn't add amy more stuff to my collection now. She said I understand, good luck with your task.

But like you, when telemarketers start in on the second request I interrupt them with no thank you and hang up..Usually the callers are reading from a script with someone looking over their shoulder and if they stray from the repeats they will loose their jobs. If we hang up they are off the hook and don't get docked for not following the script. The callers are not the enemies .. it is the company policies.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:01 PM

One of the most interesting calls I got was from someone who wanted to GIVE me 5 magazines for 'free' I only needed to pay a certain amount - an odd number like 2.39 or 2.79 per WEEK for 5 years for postage and handling (hard to do quick math in your head on unusual amounts). At the time I worked with developmentally disabled adults and we had one of our clients who agreed to sign up for this 'deal' and we had a very hard time getting this person's money back. Well - about 3 months later they called me... I kinda feel sorry for the person looking back on it - I was very polite, but I did tell this person that what they were doing was lying, taking advantage of people, possibly illegal, certainly immoral; I made him stay on the line while I did the math and the totals came out to more than what a subscription was, but he just kept telling me the magazines were FREE!! He got frustrated and started yelling AT ME - I then asked to speak to his supervisor, he said the supervisor busy, I said no problem I can wait because he had already wasted 15 minutes of my day... The caller hung up on me! That company never called me back. Sigh - that was a fun day.... ;)
Old 05-08-2011, 07:05 PM

Due to our daughter's health issues we have a dedicated fax line for her medical faxes. And we only have cell phones, no house phone, so I always give the fax # when some store, or survery needs a #. LOL :)
Old 05-08-2011, 07:34 PM

I got on the National no call list and it cut down on the calls I get to almost nothing.

I don't think it stops someone you have done business with, so you have to tell them. I tell them to take me off the list, Thank you and hang up before they can say anything else.