Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 05-08-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
I was trying to enlarge my patterns to 142%, but they don't want to fit on a standard 8 1/2 x 11 in. piece of copy paper. Anyone else have trouble. Did you have to take it to a copy store. Sorry to be so much of bother, but need help again. Thanks
What happened when I printed it, it printed the full length and just over half of the width. I would trace the full half, turn it around and trace it again on the other side. So far it's worked fine for me.
This is also what I did. I just enlarged it and got what would fit within the narrowest margins on my printer. I draw a light set of center lines & match them up with the copy. pin down & trace away. Unpin, turn it around, re-pin & comlete the drawing. Works great & I don't need to go anywhere special.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:35 PM

I suppose you, Elle as a moderator, could add a "zero" to our thread & it would move to the top, but that's a little petty, isn't it?

I'm satisfied that we're #2, but if someone else gets up there, then go for it!!! :twisted:
Old 05-08-2011, 03:34 PM

I was trying to enlarge my patterns to 142%, but they don't want to fit on a standard 8 1/2 x 11 in. piece of copy paper. Anyone else have trouble. Did you have to take it to a copy store. Sorry to be so much of bother, but need help again. Thanks
I took mine to a copy store and made copies on legal size paper so I can get the full pattern...challenged as I am, didn't want to make it harder on myself by having only part of the design on paper, lol.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie
Originally Posted by candi
Thanks all for the kind words..why is that when I look at photos of my blocks all I see are the points that were supposed to look more rounded but ended up pointy, lol. I think I need a glass of wine to set me straight :mrgreen: :lol:
talk about seeing, LOl...I saw my eye doctor the other day after :oops: a couple years...and talked about my hand sewing/quilting etc. and how my dd laughs at me for wearing two pairs of glasses.
Well...he told me that I don't need to be doing that.
The problem is: I don't keep my glasses fitting right so everytime I look down, they slide and I am looking through the wrong part of the lense! oh my... :oops: :oops: :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leave it to me, to act like I've HAD the wine and seeing things all wonky...bc of my own silliness!
He said come by anytime, walk in, free of charge and ask to have my glasses adjusted.
I'm going to write it on the calendar to start doing that...bc it MIGHT IMPROVE MY QUILTING - LOL!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
LOL, Mousie, this is hilarious...Do get your glasses adjusted,and tell us if the view becomes different:lol: :mrgreen:
Old 05-08-2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by quiltykitty
Candi, that's how I'm doing mine also. Sometimes, you just have to use the needle and work those unruly points or curves into place.
Quiltykitty,
Do you mean work them in as I am stitching them down? I *try* to do that..but some of them just don't like to cooperate. Do you have tricks you can share?
Old 05-08-2011, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
I suppose you, Elle as a moderator, could add a "zero" to our thread & it would move to the top, but that's a little petty, isn't it?

I'm satisfied that we're #2, but if someone else gets up there, then go for it!!! :twisted:

LOL oh my you are funny.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:12 AM
Power Poster

LOL...didn't ya'll notice who posted it???
Old 05-09-2011, 07:06 AM

What if you made two sets, then turned one upside down and taped it to the other? That should work also.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:06 AM

I was able to use my copier at work and used 11x17 paper. I'm thinking someplace like Kinko's would have the copy machines you could use large format paper in.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mousie
Thanks all for the kind words..why is that when I look at photos of my blocks all I see are the points that were supposed to look more rounded but ended up pointy, lol. I think I need a glass of wine to set me straight :mrgreen: :lol:
talk about seeing, LOl...I saw my eye doctor the other day after :oops: a couple years...and talked about my hand sewing/quilting etc. and how my dd laughs at me for wearing two pairs of glasses.
Well...he told me that I don't need to be doing that.
The problem is: I don't keep my glasses fitting right so everytime I look down, they slide and I am looking through the wrong part of the lense! oh my... :oops: :oops: :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leave it to me, to act like I've HAD the wine and seeing things all wonky...bc of my own silliness!
He said come by anytime, walk in, free of charge and ask to have my glasses adjusted.
I'm going to write it on the calendar to start doing that...bc it MIGHT IMPROVE MY QUILTING - LOL!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
LOL, Mousie, this is hilarious...Do get your glasses adjusted,and tell us if the view becomes different:lol: :mrgreen:
:!: will do, Candi :!: :lol: