Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-10-2011, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
Originally Posted by scrapngmom
I have lost 9 lbs since May 1st. I have cut down on salt intake and quit the soda. I know it will start coming off slower soon. But for right now I am excited about the big loss.
I got on the scale this morning and realized I had read the scale wrong yesterday. it wasn't a three it was an eight. Teach me not to wear my glasses. So my weight loss isn't 9 lbs it is 4 lbs. I will take it. Little discouraged it wasn't the 9, but don't worry, I will keep at it and soon will have the number at 9. LOL
Well that 9 pounds will be here before you know it.Especially cutting the sodium and pop.They say we lose water weight first anyway.And I believe it.I drink water all day in this heat.And it goes out as fast as I drink it.But do have to keep hydrated.So hang in there,and don't beat yourself up too much.A 3 is like a 8 if you can't see good and need glasses.My hubby does that all the time.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by GrandmK
Sorry I haven't kept up my end of the bargin (posting that is) I was very discouraged. I went out of town to visit my mom and did have a couple snack size candy bars but I really really did watch what I ate and when I got back home had gained 4 pounds!! I was so discouraged. I have been watching every bite I put in my mouth and I feel so FAT!! My clothes is getting looser. I don't have to "suck it in to get in my Jeans but the scale does not want to go down!!!
Feel better today I lost the 4 pounds and did really work hard all day yesterday in the yard so maybe just maybe I can loose some more. I will weigh in the AM and if I am up I QUIT!! If I am the same I will try a little harder!!
Thanks for listening. I will read the post and see what i missed!!!
Glad you got the 4 pounds off.It is more important to lose inches than pounds anyway.In fact doctors say,not to weigh and go by scales,but by the way your clothes fit.I joined medifast 25 yrs ago,and everybody lost boo coos of pounds,but I didn't.But I was smaller than them % wise and lost more inches.Which to me was the goal..I had a set back too,but am not giving up.My clothes are sagging.I have to tie a rope between my belt loops because I simply don't have any pants that fit.Nor do I have $$ to get any right now.But that's ok.My shirt hides it.I'm sure you'll do better now your home.The month is about 1/3 over.We're all struggling.It's just the nature of the beast of losing weight and making life-style changes.We didn't get this way over night,and we're not going to lose it over night.It's a process,your not alone feeling the way you do.We all feel like that at times.So,do know exactly how you feel.Good luck and hang in there.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by linz83
My weekend was a little restless.
We had plans to go out of town but a sick baby boy put an end to that. Sooo
I didnt even have to worry about eating out (which i was really looking forward to) but It really kept me on track.
I didnt work out all weekend but my body needed a rest and this morning I went to Zumba and worked it hard!
Feeling good :D looking forward to another great week :wink:
keep it up girls.
Oh,that's too bad.I'm sorry your baby is sick.Hopefully you won't get it.Good you stayed on track too.And had a nice work out.Maybe you can re-do that dinner down the road.Sounds like your doing great at sticking with it.That's good.Good luck with your baby.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by IAmCatOwned
I'm back. Survived the garage sale and even lost a pound! I was SO grumpy this afternoon, trying to do work and my jeans keep feeling like they are falling off. Great that I'm losing weight, but still 8-10 pounds from fitting into the next size down.

GrandmK, don't beat yourself up. I've lost only 11 pounds, but 2.5 inches, so it is working! Muscle weighs more than fat, but overall, the more muscle you have, the faster you will lose weight.
Oh,those yard sales sound like fun.Don't have many out here.But 2 towns,we use to go to some in Kansas sometimes.They have good estate sales there.But not here.That's good you lost more weight too.My clothes are baggy too.So,know what you mean.I'm solid too.So never did look like I weighed 250 when I did.But I did.Sounds like your doing great.I'm green with envy over them sales tho.Their fun.Good luck this week
Old 05-10-2011, 05:20 AM

Good Morning All!

I did amazing on the water intake yesterday, so I'm proud of myself on that front. Did not attempt yoga like I'd planned. After climbing up and down the attic ladder, my knee decided to cop an attitude so I sat down at my sewing machine until the swelling went down. Bad idea, once I got to sewing, I didn't want to stop!

PurpleMom, I am normally not a slave to the numbers, in fact I hate stepping onto the scales. I like to base my health and exercise on how I feel. Although I know the scale says I've only lost 3lbs, I can "feel" it like it is more. For one thing, I think I lost it in my stomach, it doesn't seem to be as jiggly as last month! And, as I said yesterday, I feel better and have more energy.

Finally got a phone call through to my mom yesterday to wish her a belated Happy Mother's Day. Although my cousins are treating her like dirt, she's happy to be there to help my uncle with his ailing aunt.

Well, I'm off for my walk and hopefully my knee will stop being cranky, if not, I'll drag out the dreaded brace and still go on my walk. My plan for today is to gut my ex-sewing room to make room for beds for my nieces. I'll be picking them up in 17 days!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:42 AM

Good Morning everyone. Sounds like everybody has positive plans for the day, hope so anyway. I went and swam this morning which always makes me feel better. Gonna plant some flowers in a little bit and then work on my quilt.

I try not to weigh myself more than once a week because my weight does flucuat even if I'm careful about my food intake and my exercise.

Have a good day everyone, I'll check back later.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:38 AM

Have a great day everyone. Take care of yourselves. You deserve it.

I Can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:11 AM

Okay here starts week 2. I did lose just less than 2 lbs so I'll try again. Hope it cools off here so I can go walking too.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:14 AM

Good day, all. Things are quiet on around here. The dogs are insisting on longer walks with the snow finally gone. Lily led us to the lake Sunday - usually she lets Moira choose where we go, but she claimed her senority that day. She has a thing for water gazing, though she won't go in. I was sitting there thinking I'd better get up and start home before my old body stiffens up - not cool when you're over a mile from home.

purplemen, MJ, Jumping jacks???? Those things are killers of ankles and knees on people in excellent shape. Are you sure there isn't something else to do? How about wall slides. Put your back against a wall with your feet out away from the wall and 'sit' down, then stand back up, all the time with your back agaist the wall. Do that five times. You can raise your arms out to chest level if you want to involve the arms. Before you say that's too easy, try it.

My weight is stuck again. I did better yesterday and the scales showed it this morning. I need to weigh myself every morning. Supper was yummy. Chicken sprinkled with garlic powder, chili powder and pepper and fried in a grill pan. The salad dressing was half mayo and half barbeque sauce, which normally I don't care for, but for this it worked. The base was bagged salad mix and grapes. I need to eat it more often if I'm going to make my two pounds this month.

Congratulations to all who are doing well. Remember slow and steady wins the race.

MJ, you are the same age as my oldest daughter. I must be the resident senior citizen here.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:18 AM

Everyone seems to be having bad weather except me! It was a nice 70 degrees yesterday and today will probably be the same. The problem is I am stuck in an office and then have a two hour commute home. I will go up and down the office stairs twice each time I use them. People think I have lost my mind when they see me go up the stairs, then turn around and go back down and then turn around and go back up.

You guys help me get through my days. thanks