Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rude Guild Members/Need Help >

Rude Guild Members/Need Help

Rude Guild Members/Need Help

Old 05-06-2011, 08:29 PM

Try stopping talking. When the room gets quiet and all that can be heard are the disturbing talkers and everyone else looking at them, they usually get the picture. I HATE IT TOO!!!!!! SO RUDE!!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lena1952
Over the past few years I have noticed a tendency toward rudeness during our meetings. Members talk during a speaker, during the general meeting and not quietly. Several times I have had difficulty hearing what is being said due to the person behind me holding a conversation. As the new Prez of this guild, I need help finding a way to politely handle this situation. Me, I am normally a fairly blunt no nonsense kind of gal but realize tack it needed for this, so please help me tame these beasties nicely.
At my quilt club the president either rings a bell loudly or stops speaking until every one is quiet. The hall is new and the sound goes out the windows and doors so it is required to be silent so everyone can hear the speaker. If you are the president tell every one to please be quilt or ring a loud bell. It works for us it might for you.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:38 AM

No solution just a gripe. People need to leave theircell phones in the car when they go into any kind of meeting. What annoys me is being in church and hearing a cell phone ring or you can here them texting.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:58 AM

I think the consensus of answers that it is a problem in all groups....sorry to say it's a sign of the times. In the classes I teach (college students) I have the texting and cell phones to contend with!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:27 AM

Well you could do like I did the last year I had 19 little league cheerleaders from ages 4 to 11. Get a coaches whistle & blast them a few times bet they shut then. Just teasing but I do know what you mean about people. At my sewing club I attend they ask you to turn your phone to vibrate & leave the area if you need to answer it.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:50 AM

I have found when I have led a meeting and folks are having their own conversation, I just stop talking. If you
stop and wait until they finish, hopefully they will ge the message and wonder why you have stopped. If they say something, just say "I was waiting until you finshed your conversation" and they continue. This is most certainly rude as well as having a cell phone ring. Suggest that folks turn off their phones prior to the start of the meeting.

Sure hope this helps.