Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Handi Quilter >

Handi Quilter

Handi Quilter

Old 03-14-2010, 07:42 PM

I have the original handi quilter frame and I use a Juki on it. I replaced the rods with copper tubing and also the plastic track with aluminum tracks used to install shelving from home depot. My frame is set up to handle quilts that are up to 85" wide. I use it often and I am sure the new frames have many new improvements but this works for me. I have found that thread used for machine embroidery works the best and you need to keep the hook on your machine well oiled. When pinning your backing onto the lead be extra careful that it is squared up or you will run into trouble getting it to roll evenly. Good Luck!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by memathomas
nice link
Old 03-16-2010, 06:21 PM

Thanks to all of you that have offered help with this front mount frame to go on my Juki. The Handi Handle co. is no longer in business so finding a front mount frame is turning out to be next to impossible. I may have found one on craigslist but it is for a babylock and I have a Juki. Now I need to find out if it will work on my Juki. Ganma7/Joyce in Georgia
Old 05-12-2011, 06:37 AM

hi becca just want to ask I have the handi frame quilter to .new to me got it used at yard sale. I want to put better rods on. but my problem is finding one that fits the round teeth thing at the end that keeps the tension tight don't no the right name of that thing.I called handi quilter they said 3/4 so I picked up some rods that size and way to big and did not fit so what size did you get .thanks