Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How are your quilts displayed in your home >

How are your quilts displayed in your home

How are your quilts displayed in your home

Old 05-12-2011, 11:00 AM

On beds,table tops, walls, and on lazy boys in living room and quilt. rack in my living room
Old 05-12-2011, 11:23 AM

Great idea , better than push pins !!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:26 AM

I do have a cover not quilted it is fabris painted but it is homemade from a lady that lives in Mex, I worked with her daughter for years , she was so sweet to gift this to me !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-196226.jpe
Views:	66
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	196232  
Old 05-12-2011, 11:35 AM

Three quilt racks, on bed, over chairs and sofa, in stacks ready to be FMQ'd, they are everywhere. Getting ready to tell my girls, (2 daughters, 1 daughter-in-law, 1 granddaughter, 2 granddaughters in law), to take what they want and then I am going to see if I can sell a lot of the others unquilted. I asked my older daughter if I should stop making so many and she said "NO" if you enjoy making them, keep going! Isn't she a sweetheart!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Judebug
My favorite, quick, simple quilt hanging technique... some of you will cringe no doubt... I staple them to the wall. There's no distortion from the weight of the quilt as long as you don't pull or stretch it while stapling. It's quick to remove and doesn't leave big holes in the wall or your quilts. I staple all the way around on large ones - close to the binding, as much as needed to hold the weight evenly.
Oh, I'm so glad you said that ! I use the decorative upholstery tacks. I know that is a no-no,but it works for me. I do have some hung on rods through a sleeve and I have several laddar style racks as well.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Originally Posted by QuiltE
Originally Posted by kiki1002
What is "pressured"? Never heard that term before.

It "clamps" the quilts without hurting them, there's a little notch for the binding to set into without getting squished. He calls them "pressure racks"...it's two pieces that clamp the quilt I think is more accurate. :)
Could you show us a picture, please?
That may help us understand what you have!
Thanks!!
I think this is what she means. Note the wood hanger and the knobs. The knobs are on screws--loosen them and the two pieces of wood part leaving a space to tuck the top of the quilt into. I had these made more some of my smaller quilts.
Thanks for showing the picture! The time difference is killing me! :) I get on around 10pm and I'm asleep soon after. Those are exactly it. My knobs are a little different though. :) I have a couple that are fairly large and one that is actually knobless too. That one's kind of hard to explain, but it works. :)
Old 05-12-2011, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
I am working on a 'Wall-O-Quilts" I have made my own ladders and putting them together so they fill the wall and hang all of my quilts off of them. Eventually when I get my basement finished with a family room I want it to go in there.
Would really like to see a picture when done. Sounds like a great idea.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:07 PM

I have mine hanging on the walls--I go to JoAnns and buy the decorative rods and then buy the packages of hooks and clips (can't remember the name but you will know them when u see them) and you can put as many across your quilt that you need.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:22 PM

I started counting mine after reading this==I have 20 in my house--a bunch in my RV.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:40 PM

I like to drape mine over the upstairs railing, even the ones that are not sandwiched and quilted yet ... kinda reminds me I need to finish them.

I change out quilts by season or holiday.

Also have some hanging on my walls and on my quilt rack. And love the idea of making more and more.

Interestingly, I don't have any on beds. Well makes sense since I don't make large quilts.