Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lancaster, PA >

Lancaster, PA

Lancaster, PA

Old 05-14-2011, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bluphrog
Originally Posted by echobluff
They don't know what Shoo-fly Pie is here in Wyoming...(sorry, I'm drooling)Sue
Sue, I smiled when I read this, because I have the same problem. No body in Texas knows what Maypo is and I have fond memories of eating it and watching the commercials.
Whoa! I haven't heard of Maypo since I was a kid in Indianapolis! That brought back some memories! Thanks!
Old 05-14-2011, 05:58 AM

I was there a few weeks ago. I never made it to Obie's but wanted to. Next time that will be my one stop that will be a must!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:01 AM

Bluphrog, I know what you mean! I loved Maypo. Could not find here but one of our grocery stores did order me some in! Still have some to pick up.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:05 AM

"I want my Maypo" Been years since I heard that commercial. Unfortunately, my mom believed in home ground wheat and corn, an occasional treat was oldfashioned oatmeal. She said, just use syrup instead of sugar, same thing. HMMMM, I always wondered.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:08 AM

sounds like you had a wonderful time. I would love to do that some day.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:17 AM

Someday I'll have to check Obies out. Hayloft, and Burkholders are my two favorites. I'll be making a day trip this week to Lancaster with three of my lady friends. We'll be shopping, catching a show at the AMT, and indulge in PA Dutch cooking.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:40 AM

Where is your favorite place to eat?
Old 05-14-2011, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bluphrog
Originally Posted by echobluff
They don't know what Shoo-fly Pie is here in Wyoming...(sorry, I'm drooling)Sue
Sue, I smiled when I read this, because I have the same problem. No body in Texas knows what Maypo is and I have fond memories of eating it and watching the commercials.
"I WANT MY MAYPO!!!" boy, do i remember that , too--even here, in minnesota!
Old 05-14-2011, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by sunflower126
I am going to most of those places for 4 days in June starting the 12th. Can't wait. Have been getting my list ready. I wrote down the name Obie's until I read some other posts and saw the pics. It doesn't look like somewhere I would want to be. Think maybe we'll try the Hayloft this time. Haven't done that one. Do you recommend it?
Obie's is an experience EVERY quilter should have!!! One of my friends REFUSES to go in there after her first (and only) time there! We had an avalanche of bolts of fabric last time there when one of my friends wanted to see a bolt of fabric that was near the bottom of a stack of bolts in the middle of several stacks of bolts! Tried to "corrall" them before they fell and it was like a pile of domino's! All we could do was laugh since there was no stopping the tumble of bolts. Luckily the stacks were stacked on the floor!

Hayloft is a WONDERFUL fabric shop! They have a great selection and prices are good and if you belong to a guild, they give you a discount! I am going there on June 9 as well as going to Burkholders, Sauders, Zooks, The Old Country Store, and Bitty Kinna's - can't wait!
Old 05-14-2011, 07:40 AM

Prices are lower than any OTHER fabric store in the area!!! Guess why? They also sell handmade items on the second floor - a newbie in our group decided to go upstairs to see what was up there...when she got up there and looked down at the floor since it squeaked when she walked on it and saw the first floor through the huge spaces between the floorboards, she immediately came back down!

Thay also have penny candies on one shelf....never brave enough to buy any!