Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
wanna be LA owner >

wanna be LA owner

wanna be LA owner

Old 05-14-2011, 04:57 AM

Thanks!
I hope to get to a show! The only one I know of coming up is Houston. That is a 5+ hour drive
Old 05-14-2011, 06:11 AM
Power Poster

Welcome to the QB. I am an ABM Innova owner and can't say enough good things about this machine. I especially love their rack set up as there is no need for takeup roller adjusting, it is a 4 roller system with a stationary tension roller near the machine bed and the take up is higher up.
I would figure out what your budget is and then start test driving from there. If you get a computer guided set up you are adding a LOT of $$ to the price. I do not have CG nor do I want it. I want my quilting to be MY artistic expression and talent, not a computer's. I do however have a stitch regulator and would not be without that.

Look into the Innovas, they are one of the most affordable machines on the market and built to industrial standards. You get a lot of bang for the buck and ABM service and support is 24-7 (although I haven't had to use it yet). I got my machine last July. Also, once you decide on your dream machine, inquire at your dealer about buying a used demo machine. You can save a lot of $$ that way too. My machine is my dealer's demo. I basically got a 26" throat machine for the price of a an 18" throat.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:33 AM

Thank you. Funny you mention the Innova. That is where I am leaning. I did fall in love with it at QWM last year. The only thing I am not clear on is the Stitch regulator. They have 3 I think Lightening Stitch is a 4K option and I need to see IF that is what I used and if that is why I fell in love the machine. I just do not remember. Since testing at QWM, Gammill and APQS have come out with new tracks. I did like the new Vision and new track. I have not tried the APQS but it is $$$ I have not tired the Nolting 24 Pro, because my BFF has one and I am afraid it would hurt her feelings if I did not fall in love with it. Nolting had no special and ened up being $$$ She has had her share of tension issues. She has added the IQ which was a blast for me to play with, I can not afford that right now. I wish I could have gone to MQS that would have answered all of my questions!LOL
Old 05-14-2011, 08:41 AM

::::wavin HI:::: form the Arkansas Ozarks
Old 05-14-2011, 08:46 AM

Hello from Alabama! I bought a Tin Lizzie 18LS in Feb and love it. It is a great beginner machine. I have however had to figure out alot of things on my own. The biggest issue is adjusting the tension and I think you will have to learn to do that no matter what machine you get. My local service rep isn't much help. I don't have a computer, wanted to learn freehand before relying on a computer. All in all I am very happy with it and think its a very good starter machine. I got mine for under 5K, bought a demo machine at the local Sew & Vac.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:47 AM

Welcome from Iowa! Have fun deciding on your machine- you are doing the right thing by taking your time.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:04 AM

Thanks! Waving back at ya!
I use to live near Little Rock
Old 05-14-2011, 09:05 AM

Thanks Deb!
I use to own a HQ 16 so I am looking to get a little bigger this time
Old 05-14-2011, 10:38 PM

welcome
Old 05-15-2011, 04:37 AM

Thank you!