Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-14-2011, 02:57 PM

My friend is doing well. My daughter visited her last night. The patient, her sister and my DD sat around and reminisced about their experiences at church camp. Her family is here today and a brother is a nurse anesthetist so he'll be on top of anything that shows up. The drains come out Monday, we hope. Thank you for asking.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:04 AM

Congratulations Missy! I'm keeping you in my prayers. I'm so excited for you I feel like I can hardly contain myself.

Well it's Sunday morning again but we don't have to be in the kitchen at church. They are having a big Norwegian service followed by a breakfast so another group it taking care of it. DH & I are going out to eat at our local cafe where they will make special ala carte items for me.

Have a happy day everyone!
Old 05-15-2011, 05:54 AM

Good Morning All

Looks like I missed handing out birthday wishes, so please accept my belated birthday wishes.

I skipped my morning walk yesterday and opted to yard sale instead (lol) I would park in one spot and walk the area, returning to the car when I got close to it. When I got home, I mapped out my routes (as close as I could remember) and found that I had walked more than 6 miles. As my morning walk has only progressed to 3 miles, I'm thinking this is pretty durn good. I mostly bought for my gardening and Only got a few pieces of material yesterday, but for great deals! I love when people are not really into sewing and just want the material out of there. I got nearly two yards of pink broadcloth for a quarter. Another gave me over three yards of this gorgeous leaf material for 75 cents.

I was picking through a quilters stash when she offered me her scraps for free. Of course, I accepted it. It's a huge box of precut diamonds, squares and triangles! I haven't even went through it all but I'm really excited to sort it out and see what can be made of it. Most importantly, I finally found the right material to go on my baby quilt I've been hoping to finish. Yay!
Oops, this rambling mess has went from exercise to quilting finds!
So yesterday,
Exercise: CHECK
Water intake: CHECK
Good Food Choices: Half a CHECK I actually didn't eat as much as I should, which screws up my metabolism. I usually start my day with a fruit and veggie smoothie but I skipped it. Bad idea!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:56 AM

put up a picture when you are done. What a great reminder of what a great job you are doing.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Congratulations Missy! I'm keeping you in my prayers. I'm so excited for you I feel like I can hardly contain myself.

Well it's Sunday morning again but we don't have to be in the kitchen at church. They are having a big Norwegian service followed by a breakfast so another group it taking care of it. DH & I are going out to eat at our local cafe where they will make special ala carte items for me.

Have a happy day everyone!
Oh Jeanne! Thank you so much! I weigh in tomorrow and am so nervous about it. I know I am doing great exercise-wise and diet wise so I am hoping that I am down those last few pounds. Lord I hope so!

I am going to the gym in a bit to walk my 1/4 mile again. My personal trainer says I should not walk more than 1/4 mile for a couple weeks. She wants me to build my stamina I think. I can walk that in 10 mins now so that makes me one happy girl.

The wedding went well. I did not take one bite of food while I was there. I have not had sollid food in a while now. I only have 10 days to go so God willing I will be down to under 400 very very soon.

Missy
Old 05-15-2011, 12:10 PM

Missy,
I am so proud of you! I love it when I change sizes, such a big motivator for me.

Sandy, I still haven't mailed your FQ so don't finish the quilt without me.
I saw a good free pattern for assorteds...google Seattle Streets, just a minute, I'll find you the link...
http://www.ufo-rphanage.com/Seattle_Streets_Pattern.pdf

Motivation for today:

Music...add some music to your day. Music can motivate you to move faster, to stay on target, give you rhythm when you sew. It is also a memory enhancer. If you try to learn something while listening to music you will perform better!

Add music today and see how it ups your metabolism!

Do you ever use these tips? I'd like a little feedback if you do, just to say "I did!"
Old 05-15-2011, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Missy,
I am so proud of you! I love it when I change sizes, such a big motivator for me.

Sandy, I still haven't mailed your FQ so don't finish the quilt without me.
I saw a good free pattern for assorteds...google Seattle Streets, just a minute, I'll find you the link...
http://www.ufo-rphanage.com/Seattle_Streets_Pattern.pdf

Motivation for today:

Music...add some music to your day. Music can motivate you to move faster, to stay on target, give you rhythm when you sew. It is also a memory enhancer. If you try to learn something while listening to music you will perform better!

Add music today and see how it ups your metabolism!

Do you ever use these tips? I'd like a little feedback if you do, just to say "I did!"
Oh MJ! You are so sweet!! Tomorrow I weigh in again at the hospital and I am sooo nervous! I want to be under 400 sooo bad. If I am under 400 you will be hearing me whoop all over the country!

I already went to the gym and did my 1/4 mile and now I am hoping and praying the gym closes early cause I don't want to go tonight. I will but darn it I sure don't want to. I KNOW no one else ever gets the I don't want tos. LOL!!

Missy
Old 05-15-2011, 01:53 PM

Hello everybody,I'm still hanging in there.3 days ago,my mama cat went MIA (darn coyotes) so now have 3 / 2 week old babies.They have to eat every 4 hrs.Potty trained already.Eating or drinking out of a shallow dish.So am bushed!Not much rest.Need some formula ideas,got any?How about the stimulation part? Some say use a warm wash rag,but then what?I got the warm wash rag.But they don't say how to do it.They are going better now,but think they need help,their awfully tiny.Anyway,still doing good on the diet.Haven't weighed in a while,but my pant's are falling off,litteraly.Ok,well good luck to everyone,if any of you can help me out with the babies,I'd be most grateful for any help.Any formula mixes. etc.Thanks.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:17 PM

GO MISSY! GO MISSY! GO MISSY! GO MISSY! YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT! I'm shaking my pom poms for you, cheering you on. I know that feeling of "not wanting to go". I get that feeling with the physical therapy for my knee. I dread going every time and I dread doing the home exercises, but I know it is imperative for the final outcome of my knee and the progress I want to make getting full mobility back. It's hard to push yourself, but it's so important. So, although you don't want to go to your exercises this afternoon, I hope you will go, and I bet you do go. You have come SO far in your weight loss venture. You are SO close to goal for your surgery. So, pick yourself off, dust off your smaller britches and get to the gym. You go girl!.......... Big hugs, Sandy
Old 05-15-2011, 02:22 PM

MJ, I read and appreciate your daily "tips". I do them. I haven't done the music today as I've been watching movies and HGTV. I am getting so tired of being laid up. It is hard to stay down when your mind is well but your body, or body part is not. I'm so ready to be able to just get up and go. I'm still hobbling when I walk, and dependent on my cane to get around. But, I have gone from having to use my rolling walker to a cane. I look forward to when I no longer need the cane. I haven't been able to sit at my sewing machine yet, as I can't sit upright but about 10 minutes before my knee goes to throbbing. However, I really haven't had any desire to sew/quilt. I have so many UFOs calling my name. Hopefully soon that desire will come back. I'm sorry to ramble. I'm just so bored today, and literally sick of myself. I need to get out but it is still difficult getting in and out of the car, so I will just keep sitting here. I hope you are all having a good weekend, and making good choices for healthier eating. Sandy