Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How many of you have a longarm?? >

How many of you have a longarm??

How many of you have a longarm??

Old 05-17-2011, 06:49 PM

I have a Gammill Statler Stitcher and after your first 150 quilts it is not so much fun anymore.

Think twice, long and hard before taking the leap.

I do mainly E2E and stippling.

Unless you truly like standing many hours for very little pay.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Banned

I have a Nolting Fun Quilter with the Side Saddle computer system.

I have had it since Nov. and was doing customer quilts 2 weeks after delivery!

I do my own quilts and those for my customers. We have a web site and do other advertising.

I love it! I do free motion as well as computer designs and often will combine the two on a quilt.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:37 PM

I have a Gammill Classic + longarm machine. I've been longarming for 7 yrs. I love my job and also love working in my home. Best of both worlds for me.
I have done a lot of custom quilting for the past six months so when an edge to edge job comes in it's so welcome since they finish up much quicker then custom work. Here are a few examples of my work.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-198525.jpe
Views:	52
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	198531   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-198526.jpe
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	198532   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-198527.jpe
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	198533  
Old 05-17-2011, 07:49 PM

I have an HQ16 and love it. I am in the market to sell it and get a computerized long arm. If any one in or near the Fort Worth - Granbury area is interested P.M. me. Thanks
Old 05-18-2011, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by AnnaF
I have a Gammill Classic + longarm machine. I've been longarming for 7 yrs. I love my job and also love working in my home. Best of both worlds for me.
I have done a lot of custom quilting for the past six months so when an edge to edge job comes in it's so welcome since they finish up much quicker then custom work. Here are a few examples of my work.
This is absolutely beautiful work!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:45 AM

I have two longarms. I bought my first just to quilt my personal quilts. Ended up opening a shop and buying a second. Now that the shop is closed, I generate extra household income by quilting for customers. I have the best of both worlds! :) Both are Gammills.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:45 AM

Beautiful work!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:50 AM

Exquisite work! :-D
Old 05-18-2011, 08:54 AM

This has been an interesting thread. Once my mom's estate is all settled, I will have a few dollars to "play" with. Since my mom was the person that instilled the love of sewing and quilting in me, I plan to get both an embroidery machine, and a LA....kind of a parting gift from her. So any and all info I can glean from you wonderful people is invaluable. Thanks!!!

Patti
Old 05-18-2011, 09:03 AM

I have had a longarm for almost 2 years. It is a 26" Innova. I LOVE it. I work outside the home fulltime and do some quilting for customers. I have done over 100 to date. I have worked for a local quilt shop doing lots of their customers quilts on my personal machine. Do have a part-time business with the machine. Just getting into customizing. Most people want E2E due to lower prices.